(Request) BIPEDAL COMBAT VEHICLES!

RickAyd

Ohhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaa

http://guides.gamepressure.com/battlefield2142/gfx/word/623580109.jpg

Obviously not the same one in the picture, but just to show what I mean I used that one.

Single and Two-Seat variatiants for the Tactical Combat turn-based part of the game. With the appropriate research and manufacturing attached.

Would be great for the Terror Site's part of the game when the aliens are hardcore.

While I'm here can anyone point me in the direction of tutorials and guides on how to mod this game? Is it possible to scan hand drawn sprites into the game? How was the art done for this game, the units and pictures etc? Is it all digital art? I've never tried that, I've only worked with pencil/pen/charcoal and paper.

There was originally going to be a set of single-man walkers.

xenonautsvehicles2.jpg

It was determined they wouldn't actually bring anything different. They were meant to be breaching suits for the UFOs, but the Predator already fulfills that function.

Also this is a lot of work. You'll need to not only make the 3D model of the walker but you must go through the arduous process of creating the sprite sheets for movement. It's much more complex than regular vehicles considering the legs actually have to move. If you're willing to do/commission someone to do that bit then I'm more than happy to try to implement it.

The artwork for all units in the game is purely digital. 3d models are made (in Xenonauts' case, these were made in Maya), then animated. The animations are then rendered out 400x400 px, then run through post-processing so a 3px outline is applied and it's shrunk down to 120x120 px (in Xeonauts case this was done in Photoshop). Each frame is then entered into a sprite sheet (I use TexturePacker). I'm (slowly, very slowly) working on a suit of armour so I have the tools and I've automated most of the process.

i would preffer bipedal vehicles for the aliens, i dont know, i feel that mostly all the mods are oriented to give techies and goodies to Xenonauts...but the aliens just are sitting there :foreverAlone.jpg: xD.

Also if you notice it, on the base defence missions,if you have the nanofacture factory stuff, there are present a lil orange terrapin, for moving heavy stuff around the facility i guess :P. That brings me the question of how far reached the devs with this idea? .

Visually something like this would be certainly very cool, could work for humans and aliens indeed. But yeah, creation and esp. animation would be a serious effort.

The animations are then rendered out 400x400 px, then run through post-processing so a 3px outline is applied and it's shrunk down to 120x120 px (in Xeonauts case this was done in Photoshop).

Interesting. Always wondered how they got the black outline on animated sprites because 3d rendered gfx usually don't have that.