WW3 MOD Idea - Would it be possible...?

SilverFalcon

Sometimes I play with ideas that change the concept of the game a little.

I thought what if you didn't have to fight alien invasion, but rather a man's invasion? Being it set in cold war era, the obvious invasion would be third world war. What if you are put into position of commander of NATOs (or Warszaw Pact's) Air Force and Airborne troops having to stop invasion from opposing superpower.

This setting would be much more symmetrical. Also should be more about war economy and less about hunting for artifacts. Also it should have more challenging combat with more resources to cover losses. More about accomplishing objectives at costs and less about training one elite squad of soldiers.

There are two principal questions:

1. Would it be interesting for you?

2. Would it be possible?

What should be easy:

- Air combat - just using existing MODs to change ufo's to manmade airplanes, adding a few new for specific purposes.

- Tactical combat - instead of aliens use xenonaut sprites in different color, give them AK's, PKs, SVD's RPG's etc. Create BMD-1 to use instead of heavy drones.

Obvious problems:

- Predefined bases from start, limits on where base could be built - is it possible?

- Localization of events, spawn points - Enemy aircraft carrying out missions would have to spawn near enemy bases at enemy territory and need more specific mission targets (on players or neutral land).

- Loosing/gaining territories - could it be possible to overcome - once lost -> always lost territory rule? Or setting different ways to win/lose strategic objectives?

1. It is interesting to see something like that, I agree.

2. Almost impossible, Xenonauts is apparently made from the playground engine. It's bloodied wall fiesta if you so are willing to sacrifice your life just to have a glimpse of how the universe of technological debt works. It's only very ideal to work within the context of the vanilla game.

But if you're unfazed by it, go ahead. I'd like to see someone who is able to accomplish this task.(Its not sarcasm, I really would want to see someone try to accomplish this)