Interrogation possibility on humans/soldiers

What if aliens would have a possibility to capture human soldiers and interrogate them?

After successful interrogation the aliens could have your base location(s) and they would attack one or multiple base/bases!

Maybe they could stun your soldier at the battleground, and if would you lose that battle, aliens will take your unconscious soldier and interrogate him/her. Dunno if this has already been brought up, but I just thought I'd atleast propose it :P

PS. Oh sorry, this was supposed to be on the suggestions area. Maybe admins can move this to right forum section?

Edited by Satkui

Sounds like a cool idea.

The impact on overall balance and difficulty shouldn't be too big, since it should be quite rare to loose a battle with unconscious soldiers (at least if XCOM is any indication. When I loose a battle it's most likely due to a blaster bomb ripping apart half my squad...).

I guess it's one of this "icing on the cake"-things that we may see when the core game is done.

I think this might be nice addition when implemented correctly into the gaming experience.

I can see it already...

The mission goes haywire and Sathra has his veterans grenade the newbie scouts before running to the dropship.

Exactly, and what if your favorite squaddie was unconscious and you was leaving to dropship (or just in a position where you know you were gonna get slaughtered)... It would be heartbreaking to shoot your best soldier, but better than leave him/her to the aliens. :)

Edited by Satkui

Aradox I think that would require some coding only the developers can do. Leaveing soldiers to aliens in ground battle and have that trigger an effect in geoscape sounds too complicated for modding... unless I've completly missunderstood what modders can and can't do.

• 1 month later...

oh, good idea this one.

If mission is aborted/lost, then there is an x% increase in the alien's chances of locating a Xenonaut base.

It could be any base. Who knows what the poor trooper managed to hold on to as his brain was removed and put into the alien blender :(

• 5 weeks later...

One thing the AI could be programmed to do is to try to pick up Xenonaut (or other human) bodies and carry them off the map. That way you could still have won the mission, but you have an M.I.A. or two at the end. Plus players will flip out if they see an alien grab a trooper who may still be alive and try to carry them away.

Edited by Comassion

well othe then interogation maybe when you atack an alien base you see some of your soldiers or some other soldiers from a country floating in some sort of tubes

and the further in the alien lab you go the more these corpses or uncouncios people are disolving lie in the end you just see some head or brain floating in the tubes :D

• 2 weeks later...

is the reason that there were no windows on the Skyranger, so that the soldiers couldn't reveal where the X-Com base was?

Alien: Puny human, now that your brain is in a jar, you will have to tell us everything!

Human: Never!

Alien: but we will sit your jar in front of reality TV!

Human: Damn you! What do you want to know?

Aline: How many bases?

Human: 5

Alien: Where are they?

Human: Well, since they let us wander around the command center, they are in Dulce, Warsaw, Rio, Melbourne and Kyoto.

Alien: Thank you human. Now, how much devastation would a crashing suicide UFO cause to each of these area?

Game over man, game over.