My own Mod by DaHo

DaHo

Ok hi Guys, Modders and Players,

First of all, my Mod is NOT something fancy with new guns nor new Vehicles, NO, it has even patched out all ground Combat Vehicles because of balancing the experience of REAL Xeno Warfare.

AAAND there is no MODMERGE, since i saw it to late in this forum.. it started modding until i came to problems and found this forum for it.. i will do it as soon the changes are complete, or if someone wants to do it, the files are free to update ;-)

This Mod is focused on player experience by adjusting ground and air combat, GEO balance with money, upkeeps, costs, manufracture, supply etc etc. giving the player the feeling of kind of realism in the whole theme play.

things that where bugged or couldnt be implemented successfull yet where patched out, like the combatshield, alien guns equipping, vehicles garage that should be patched out completly and instead should be changed to a reward wall like M.I.A or K.I.A with all the rewards and medals they earned etc.

So lets go to the list of changes and ongoing Projects

Major Changes :

GEO :

1. Less money per month, reward and punish system balanced, no endless money after the first month like in vanilla, hard to build additional bases with additional interceptors.

2. Better soldats in recruting : 50-70 stats, you dont have to recruit noskillers anymore that not hitting an enemy over 5 meters or can run only 30 meters. but also a must have since the aliens got improoved also, and for that the ship soldat carry ammount got reduced to 6, 8 and then 9 soldiers, making the feeling of a special force, then an unskilled military.

3. earlier terror attacks and base attacks from corvette time on

4. all types of ships (own modding) all the time in the game. every ship has an impact of ticker rates.. so as longer a scout lives as sooner the bigger daddys are coming.. but even with very good gampley on normal not too easy ;-)

5. everything you gather, produce, discover etc. will be on your stock and have an impact on gameplay, everything has to be researched by your own and has now impact on the gameplay, air combat as groundcombat.

Groundcombat :

1. better hit and get hit accuracy for xenos and aliens, makes the feeling of not having incompetent enemies nor own troops, better AI grouping up and ambushing.

2. Armour is implemented Succesfull with exessive testing, to makes the feeling of better accuracy on bouth sides amazing.. multible hits taken leads to panik now before dying instant, and the chalange is taktiks not save and load anymore.

3. grenades got a major rebalance, because improoved grenades now have to be produced with alenium that has to be farmed, so the increase of dmg go slowly up but neccesary in terror, base or alienbase attaks.

4. Weapon rebalance : same as grenades, the updates arent that hardcore anymore, but are necessary as soon terror attacks, base attacks and bases are coming.

and lots more........lots more ;)

Working on Projects :

bringing the alien guns back in play : problems in fitting window with the ammo still searching on a solution.

bringing the K.I.A wall in play for the garage button ;-)

updating the xenopedia to a final stage, shorter, crunshier, more hidden impacts instead of explained %

updating the rocketlauncher for having no ammo loaded when not manually loaded bevore every fight instead of having an old rocket in.. can be avoided atm by not having old ammo.

aircombat guns and ammo producable implemented, instead of unlimited and replaced, making a smaller choosing window for rockets and guns in fitting window.

aaaaand also many more major changes in balance and gameplay experience.

i betatested every change up to final mission, for impact and feeling.. but if you find something buggy, or how to make something better, let me know plz ;-)

Cheeeers and enjoy the Special force experience, and be aware, the game starts easy, because you just have to fight scouts, but wait 1-2 month when the real forces pushing in ;-)

DaHo Mod_1.0.zip

DaHo Mod_1.0.zip

DaHo Mod_1.0.zip

Edited by DaHo

Its Blanced for Vanilla, and yes, the files have to be copied over original files in the vanilla folders atm, since no modmerge are done by now.. im still working on it, but its already very well playable and gives a good feeling when you lead a special force instead of a unskilled army.