Want to Change in-game spirits of weapon plz help :) And Hi alll

gikki

(I got my answers from LordJulin)

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to change the spirits of weapons in-game while in soldier hands. I tried editing my rocket laucher spirit, it did worked but it also had that white square background :"/

Can you guys please guide me how to change the gun and not have that white square background on soldier in-game.

Thanks a Million.

whitebackgrounr.jpg

whitebackgrounr.jpg

whitebackgrounr.jpg.0a9a9e8ac41d375d6a3c

Edited by gikki
got my answers

You do know that how the Xenonaut Unit Spirtes work is that each weapon for each armour of each unit character type will have about....... say 30 frames of individual pictures spread out over 30 movement stances of the chartacter? And that trying to change the sprites of the weapons in each unit is a brick-wall-to-head experience since the weapons are sort of integrated with the character frames? And that some of the community here have only went to the point of only fantasizing that idea to just changing weapon sprites only, let alone trying them out?

I mean, you just posted a picture of 1 frame of a guy with a different rocket launcher(nice edit btw), so either you're hiding a gemstone full of frames for different weapon sprites for different armours that is so extremely hard to achieve, and that the community will shower you with diamond flowers, or.............................................

nicely explained LordJulian ...... no gemstones here sorry lol shit man I was hoping that someone would have made a tool or something but anyways you are right its extremely tiring job to change them all especially on windows default paint hahaha xD

but still i wanna give it a try to change atleast one weapon not all .... do you know about to edit the spirit and not get that backgroun in-game ...

like this is how it looks in-game I dont' want that white square(see below) and Thanks for replying :)

Xenonauts-_04-1024x576.jpg

Xenonauts-_04-1024x576.jpg

Xenonauts-_04-1024x576.thumb.jpg.88e8cac

Ok, judging that you actually have a screen of the modified file there, I take it that you're willing to forgo all the animations of moving/shooting for that specific picture frame to be had in game?

Well...... for what I can tell you, if you're using windows default paint to get that pic in game(although for the most peculiar fact that you're using windows paint to mod), well you might want to read up on .jpeg and .png files, and image editing tools such as Gimp, paint.net or photoshop. You'll need to have one of those 3 opened up and delete the 'whiteness' of the picture with some tools, save them as .png and...........

I take it that you do know how .png and transparency work?

excellent info buddy and sorry for late reply was downloading and playing with spirits and tested them it worked like charm :D ..

I know .png files but how transparency and they both work no clue will see into that in future but at moment let me have some fun with my new spirits :D thanks a lot .... Big help