Alien Plasma Cell problem

DaHo

Howdy once again..

my mod is nearly finished.. the rebalancing, the research, etc etc etc..

but as i wanted to implement the research of alien guns, so they appear in fitting window, as soon the rifle is recovered, everything works fine. but when i add the ammo for it, i do this over manufracture and stock item after research, then the game crashes as soon i click on the plasma directory.

first i thought its the picture but no.

i can leave the ammo out and everything is ok, just no alien ammo appears, but its needed, and if i add it as stock item in manufractures, the game crashes. plz someone knows more ?

hey

<Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienPlasmaPistol</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">ExtraterrestrialTech</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienPlasmaPistol</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="6"><Data ss:Type="String"> UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AlienPlasmaPistol" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.AlienPlasmaPistol" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.alienplasmacell" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienPlasmaPistol</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.ammo.alienplasmacell</Data><NamedCell

ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Alien Plasma Cell</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.alienplasmacell</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ammo.alienplasmacell</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.ammo.alienplasmacellDesc</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Weapon name="weapon.AlienPlasmaPistol" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1">

<props range="10" hands="1" recoil="0" weight="2" isHeavy="0" clipSize="90" reloadAPCost="20" reloadSound="Weapon Assault Rifle Reload" reactionModifier="1.5" isAlien="1" infiniteAlienAmmo="1" />

<SingleShot sound="Weapon Plasma Pistol Single" delay="0.6" suppressionValue="20" suppressionRadius="1">

<Set1 ap="30" accuracy="50" />

<Set2 ap="40" accuracy="80" />

</SingleShot>

<BurstFire/>

<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/AlienPistol.png"/>

<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/alien_pistol.png"/>

<Ammos>

<Ammo name="ammo.alienplasmacell" type="energy" damage="50" stunDamage="0" mitigation="0">

<Projectile spectre="projectiles/alienbullet/alienbullet" speed="1200" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>

<Impact spectre="particles/alienbulletplume/alienbulletplume"/>

</Ammo>

</Ammos>

</Weapon>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienPlasmaPistol</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/alien/alienpistol</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/alien/alienpistol</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">plasma</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Boolean">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">50</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">16</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">90</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">0.9</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">3</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.alienplasmacell</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">20</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="16"><Data ss:Type="String">Plasmas</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.ammo.alienplasmacell</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">SoldierWeapons</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">5</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">400</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">0xItems.Alienalloys</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "ammo.alienplasmacell" );</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Ammo name="ammo.alienplasmacell">

<stockTextureName>weapons/alien/alienplasmacell</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>weapons/alien/alienplasmacell</dragTextureName>

<slotsizex>1</slotsizex>

<slotsizey>1</slotsizey>

<weight>1</weight>

</Ammo>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.alienplasmacell</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">500</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Uncapped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/airplane/rocket</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

i tried to overcome that problem by cancelling out the plasmacell of the game and give the gun ammo.none, then increase the clipsize to 90 and tell the gamer that aliens produce weapons for 1 time use hahahaha, so increasing the weight and lowering the accuracy with that.

it failed agian ... it always crashes in the soldier fitting window, when you go into directory plasmas...

but the really strange thing is, if you leave the manufracture of the pasmacell out and you have access to the plasma directory in the fitting window and you equip your soldier with an alien plasma pistol, it takes a alienplasmacell out of you storage ;-) as intended hrhr

I'm not near a computer where I can test this, but a brief look at your code suggests that you might want to play about with this bit of code first.

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0"><Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.alienplasmacell</Data></Cell><Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">500</Data></Cell><Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">[b]Uncapped[/b]</Data></Cell><Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/airplane/rocket</Data></Cell><Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell></Row> 

I'd change that to either Unlimited or Normal to see if you have a problem with the item. It may be an issue with the actual graphic itself.

no, wont work, already tested.. unlimited would mean he has to show the cell anyway even if not researched = crash tried it.

normal means the same as uncapped in the way how to handle the item, when produced or farmed, already tried, no result = crash

thx anyway ;-) it has something to do with showing the cell as picture or something, since the picture is never shown if it works.

yes, i took the pistol one, didnt work eighter.

the problem i had tbh, is that you can take alien guns on ground combat and use it, but after that you have it on stock and cant equip it. i took it out again, because it doesnt make any sence, to try further.

so i tried to solve another problem with the combat shield and the ammo.none..... since i modded the shield for more HP in bout weaponfiles, it appears that when you equip it, it starts with 0/90, but on groundcombat, its ok its 90/90.

really this game has its problem with the ammo coding, the laser cells dont work properly, the alien cells dont, the ammo.none dont work with the shield. even when i add all strings, research, stockitem, so the ammo.none appear in the stock list, is producable, the shield wont take a clip to fill 90/90 in the equip window, while the alienplasma pistol takes a clip from stock to fill, even when everything else is wrong coded ;-)

and by the way, the alienguns not all are possible to see on ground combat.. for example the folder shield.alienpistol is empty, also all armours with battlerifle is empty, so the onyl way would be to put a code in to weapon_gc that alien guns cant be equipped as primary weapon.

Edited by DaHo