About weapon dmg types and resistances

drages

Hey ppl..

I want to make a mod with different weapon types and aliens with resistances and weakness for this dmg types..

So I am so new and confused a bit.. what dmg types does this game have? Can i give a weapon 2 or 3 different dmg type? För example a rifle with 10 ballistic 20 laser dmg together? Can i create my own type?

As enemies.. can I give them specific weakness or resistances?

My idea is to make all weapons usefull rather then adding more dmg per tier.. then I want to create weapons with 2 or 3 dmg types.. hybrid ones.. so u still can kill enemies with what u have but it will be much harder if the enemy got resist..

För example at Xcom tftd u nearly can't kill a lobster man with gauss rifle.. he dies but with 10 shot.. but with heavy sonic he dies with onu one or two..

the new guns with more then 1 dmg type will be expensive and in need of different loots from aliens.. so u won't able to craft them so much.

Another idea I have to improve the aliens with our tech.. they will use our weapons and adopt them as we do..

I am not good at coding but got amateurish photoshop using and bad English heh...

so if an experienced modder want to use my ideas and weapon arts (got 9 human and 3 enemy weapon done including new flamethrower and cannons) I would be very happy and want to share what I done.

Some examples..

xenonautspedia-ionrifle.jpg

ion-sniper-small.jpg

xenonautspedia-ionrifle.jpg

ion-sniper-small.jpg

xenonautspedia-ionrifle.thumb.jpg.4e98b7

ion-sniper-small.jpg.013642c66b4ced200cc

There are four "primary" damage types - kinetic, energy, chemical, incendiary. You can only assign one of these damage types to a weapon. There are several "secondary" damage types, these being stun damage and emp damage. You can assign a weapon any number of secondary damage types. Armour has 4 different resistance values, one for each primary damage type so a suit of armour or an alien can be more resistant to one damage type than another.

Modding is actually quite simple in comparison to some games. There are some very extensive armouries in the completed mods subforum. You may want to look at them to see how different weapon types are made.

hi pal! loooking good until now :P!. im glad that you also decided to go independant, as i told you if you can punch out this, it will become a 5/5 stars mod :D. I wish i could help you but my modding habilities suck :c.

"Another idea I have to improve the aliens with our tech.. they will use our weapons and adopt them as we do.."

I always desired this...how is posible that we can do it but the aliens dont?, iknow they are merely puppets, but the praetors dont, and they got the harridans who are almos the best engineer specie in the galaxy..this would be a child task for them to study our prehistoric and silly weapons and maybe got a couple of upgrade for them or something xD?.

Keep going :).

hi pal! loooking good until now :P!. im glad that you also decided to go independant, as i told you if you can punch out this, it will become a 5/5 stars mod :D. I wish i could help you but my modding habilities suck :c.

"Another idea I have to improve the aliens with our tech.. they will use our weapons and adopt them as we do.."

I always desired this...how is posible that we can do it but the aliens dont?, iknow they are merely puppets, but the praetors dont, and they got the harridans who are almos the best engineer specie in the galaxy..this would be a child task for them to study our prehistoric and silly weapons and maybe got a couple of upgrade for them or something xD?.

Keep going :).

Because it's like trying to improve a battleship by looking at a raft made of logs tied with vines.

its funny because, i was thinking on how we can took the singularity tecnology make portable version(for GC) and a craft torpedo(for the fury)....but the aliens dont...

Well even mag is stated as "superior" to plasma weapons, and this is basically a enhanced ballistic version of weapon using the gauss principles , coil magnets and stuff..all those present on plasma weapons tecnology...so...isnt logic to think that the aliens with all their kind of space magic powers get into this idea first?...even they hijack our comunication,attack bases and research center across the world..they really dont improve anything in the frame of a year,while we can make a jump of something like, four, maybe five hundreds year of tecnology...in a blink of a eye?.

"Hey we are fighting carbon based life form right?...how about if we make a nasty improved version of our weaponry, that shoot bullets made of ARSENIUM :D!?". Or use chemical/biological warfare?.

Two months later the invasion ends..and we are making a giant statue to our new rulers..

get my point xD?.

The alien bases got research rooms so if they bother only kill us with the tech they already have, why would they bother with this rooms.

The chemical weapons are forbidden today but it's not for aliens or for us against them. So why don't we or them use this.. humans are way better and experienced killing each other then aliens..

I need some answers too about capacity of the game..

Can a item give a resistance or armor to a specific dmg type to soldier? Or only wearing armor can have it?

Can à weapon have another attack type rather then we have already.. like overdrive burst or snipe burst? Can we give more thrn 1 burst type?