Anyone interested in playtesting a vehicle mod?

Max_Caine

a1scimitar_zpsb1c7d930.jpg

I'm looking for anyone interested in playtesting a mod that has been cooking for a very, very long time. It's a vehicle mod that introduces some custom vehicle variants based upon the stock model. Each custom variant has a pro and a con. It does something better, and does something worse. As this is a playtest, I'm not going to reveal what the variants are (with the exception of the picture above!), save to say they are variants of the Scimitar and the Hunter. There are two version of the mod. Firstly, there's a "main sequence" version which is integrated into the main tech tree and something you would install to play a new game with. Secondly, there's a "independant" mod which is independant of the main tech tree and is unlocked by getting common ufo datacores, so you can integrate it directly into any of your existing games. This mod is CE-only, and is compatible with 0.28 and 0.30. If you're interested in playtesting, you can get the main sequence mod here and the independant version here. I'd love to hear back from you!

Small update. I know some people have d/l'd this. You'll be pleased to know I've found and fixed a metric ton of problems with it. Mostly typos in the code which were causing problems, and I've made some modifications to the stats to better improve them. There's one problem which is causing me no end of grief at the moment. For some reason the Scimitar variants are not coming up with the expected sprite, which is weird because I've c&p'd the actual vehicle_spectre from the unit atlas and it had worked originally. I'm not keen on transplanting a whole set of sprites and spectres because I shouldn't have to but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do if I want this to work.

Cheers superman. There have been some more problems with the spectres since I last wrote, which I've sorted out. As you're keen on using the spectres, l've uploaded an update (I haven't yet finished playtesting yet which is why I haven't uploaded!) where all the problems I've had got fixed.