[Suggestions] Energy\stamina - old X-com system ...

Game_tester

Add Energy\stamina - old X-com system ...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Add Energy\stamina - old X-com system ...

• Yes !
    • No, leave as is...
    • Also add stamina down from hit, as in ja2 !

Hello !

what you think about add to game stamina\energy for solders,

as was in old x-com ?

Untitled-1.png

=========

So ... you have limit amount of energy, every turn it replenished ... so if you move to high or have to high weight it go down fast & you must wait for make any movement... - you can shoot but can't move. (if level of energy is low ..)

how fast you will get low energy based on weight and solder strength ...

and frequency of movement ...

____

Two things. First: energy was bad in X-Com and TFTD. It only ever was an issue for units that could move incredibly far (Chryssalids) or units who were heavily over-burdened or took a bunch of body shots without dying. In the end this made Chryssalids less scary sometimes and made guys not just dying outright pretty annoying. And all it added was a couple extra "End Turn" clicks.

Second: If you can dream it (and probably somehow get access to the same code that the CE has) you can do it.

Edited by Assoonasitis

I did not dislike it in the OG per say - it added to realism, but it would be nice if it would get a proper place in the game if it be re-introduced - that again adds to complexity though

I could imagine it as being a relevant parameter if it would be decreasing with each turn until it drops to 50% for example. Its relevance would be that of the OG + being a timer on hard difficulty preventing over defensive gameplay

He suggested that it might decrease every turn.

===

no, - only if you move ...

if you stay - energy go up, if you crouched - 20-30% faster ...

how fast you can lose you all energy is based on you weight and strength....

you lose your breath when moving too fast ..

as in real life ..

also you lose stamina\energy if you get hard hit to front part of armor ...

===

if you have stamina low than 50%

-10% CTH

if stamina - (level of breathing) is low than 30%

-20% CTH

10%

-50% CHT

for sniping - penalty may be more ..

something like ja2 system ...

___

Edited by Game_tester

The main reason I'd like to see an energy system is if, rather than "You run out of energy just for jogging around the map a bit", it helped track your soldiers stamina between fights. This would be significant in measuring whether you really do want to go on the third combat op in a row with your troops.

It's different from Old Xcom, sure. But you could, say, ballpark balance to an operation a day or so is sustainable, but more than 2-3 in a row starts penalising your TU cap when your energy is depleted, and you'd have more motivation to click the 'airstrike' button after all. :)

The main reason I'd like to see an energy system is if, rather than "You run out of energy just for jogging around the map a bit", it helped track your soldiers stamina between fights. This would be significant in measuring whether you really do want to go on the third combat op in a row with your troops.

It's different from Old Xcom, sure. But you could, say, ballpark balance to an operation a day or so is sustainable, but more than 2-3 in a row starts penalising your TU cap when your energy is depleted, and you'd have more motivation to click the 'airstrike' button after all. :)

Agreed with this...give this man a cookie!.

ALLLLLL My nopes. Nope nope nope. That was the biggest thing that irritated me in the older games. I totally understand its purpose and the logic behind it, but it drove me crazy when someone simply carrying a rifle, clip, maybe two grenades, would run out of energy almost immediately in combat. I mean, come on, these people are supposed to be the best of the best! Who let the tubby couch potato in?!?!