Why is there no Stargate mod yet?

NameNotFound

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're looking for in a Stargate mod. If just going for an overall graphical theme, that would require a silly amount of work. But the game is so fundamentally different from Stargate, I just don't see a total conversion working - we aren't going through gates, we're shooting down UFOs. And if we're talking about shooting down Stargate style ships, we'd really just be fighting droves of Jaffa, which would get mind numbingly boring after only a short time.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're looking for in a Stargate mod. If just going for an overall graphical theme, that would require a silly amount of work. But the game is so fundamentally different from Stargate, I just don't see a total conversion working - we aren't going through gates, we're shooting down UFOs. And if we're talking about shooting down Stargate style ships, we'd really just be fighting droves of Jaffa, which would get mind numbingly boring after only a short time.

It could kinda work with the Atlantis arc, defending the city and rediscovering tech... but still, I don't even know if you could change that much.

And considering that even the developers has lambasted about the engine used to make Xenonauts, it would be very difficult to make a total conversion directly incoherent with the vanilla game mechanics. You'll be firing yourself into a brick wall if you intend to fundamentally change the foundation of the game to suit to your ideal mod.

• 2 months later...