[V1.09 - ground combat] Can't move soldiers out of the dropship

I can not make my soldiers move at all on the first ground combat mission. I can select a spot for them to move to - but they just run in place. I've tried re-installing the game with no luck.

Hoping I'm just doing something silly and there is a quick fix.

Thanks, really appreciate you bringing the game out.

Hi - I've not heard this issue before. So you order a soldier to move and they play the running animation but don't actually move?

You're double-clicking the target tile, right? If you single-click it'll just give a predicted move path rather than actually move the soldier. Also, make sure you're selecting a soldier in the front row because those behind him won't be able to move (their paths are blocked).

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've played the game previously with no problem. I double click to move a soldier with a clear pathway, the green path shows up as it should, he faces the proper way and the run animation starts.....but he doesn't move. This will happen to any soldier I attempt to move. They will not move off of their starting spot at all.

I've done full uninstalls, including removing anything to do with Xenonauts from my machine. All of my drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions to fix this would be welcome.

Thanks again

I'm at a bit of a loss to suggest what to do if I'm honest. Can the soldiers fire their weapons? Perhaps it's an issue with the animations triggering?

I'm guessing that you're not trying any mods or anything given that you've tried the full reinstall. Would you mind opting into the Community Edition branch to see if that happens to fix it? Instructions here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11882-What-is-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-how-do-I-get-it