Stat Caps/More Aliens

Shiakou

Okay, I've been looking around for a couple of days, but I'm stumped. I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

First, I want to get rid of the stat cap, which is currently at 100, IIRC. Which xml file do I need to edit, if any?

Second, I want to increase the number of aliens per map. I get that this means you have to edit individual map files, but so far I've been unable to find the right ones. Again, which xml files, if any?

Theoretically, the combination of these first two would result in high attrition/casualty rates plus high potentials for the survivors, leading to an endgame scenario where I have a bunch of bumbling rookies, another bunch of competent veterans, and half-a-dozen badass MFs who can headbutt a Sebilian and get away with it.

Third, I want the aliens to launch more base assaults. So far I've managed to get them to launch at least 1 assault per wave, but they just fly around for a while so it's easy to shoot them down; not to mention it feels stupid to just let them come up to me. Ideally, I want them to launch two or three base assaults per wave, and occasionally getting a scenario where I'd just survived a base assault only to get hit with another one on the same base.

1) gameconfig.xml

2) You need to edit the files in ufocontents

3) Not entirely sure, but how about setting "Once per wave" to false in AM_BaseAttack and see how the game handles it.

If you want forced base attacks, you'll need to make a UFO that can't be intercepted easily, otherwise the player will just shoot them down. Look at the FTD mod in my signature for an example.

1) gameconfig.xml

Er, which line? I could have sworn I knew everything there was to know about gameconfig.xml, considering its usually the most heavily edited one.

2) You need to edit the files in ufocontents

I think I found it. Gonna test what happens when I give a light scout a dozen more aggressive noncoms. :P

3) Not entirely sure, but how about setting "Once per wave" to false in AM_BaseAttack and see how the game handles it.

Tried it set to true and false eight times each. If there's a change, I'm not seeing it.

If you want forced base attacks, you'll need to make a UFO that can't be intercepted easily, otherwise the player will just shoot them down. Look at the FTD mod in my signature for an example.

Nice. Downloading FTD now. . .

Er, which line? I could have sworn I knew everything there was to know about gameconfig.xml, considering its usually the most heavily edited one.

Crtl+F "<soldierDevelopment>" and change "globalMaxProgress".

Nice. Downloading FTD now. . .

Please note I still haven't ironed out the kinks in mission_researches.xml in that link. Download FTD and replace the mission_researches in there with this one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82304502/Xenonauts/mission_researches.xml

IIRC, the base attack mission is one of the 'aggressive' UFO mission types which spawn at a lower rate relative to the other ones. In a single wave, you only get 1 'aggressive' mission* for every 2 'passive' missions spawned and (though I'm not 100% sure) I'm pretty certain that this rounds down so you'd need to be getting 6 UFOs/wave two have a chance of getting 2 base attack missions even with all the limiters turned off. Max UFOs per wave is 7+number of alien bases right at the end of the game, so this means probably no more than 1 base attack mission/wave for most of the game without other changes.

*These being Base Attack, Scout or Air Superiority.