Trigger base attack without UFO?

UfoTubby

That's just an idea, of course I realize the main game does not get huge additions of features anymore, still maybe that's something for XCE?

Maybe we could have some random base attacks without the need to let the alien attack team using an UFO, which usually gets taken out by most players so the base attack doesn't happen at all.

There could be a message like "an alien assault team has landed undetected from our sensors and managed to infiltrate our defence perimeter...prepare to repel their attack blabla". Aside from that it would be a "normal" base defence mission.

Ideally this would have some entries in gamecofig (or elswhere) which activate the feature as a whole, and give some options to play with (how often this occurs, should it happen with "empty bases", etc.etc).

I would TOTALLY love to see this! I don't let UFOs get near my bases so I never get base attacks, but they are a really nice change of pace, for sure.

I also wish alien bases could spring up with ought UFOs having to make them. I know you get like one automatically at some point, but having more just spring up would be great.

This was discussed during the beta as a possibility, but most players were against the idea of random events happening that weren't consistent with the rest of the game's mechanics. I think there was a mod that rebalanced UFOs to make it far harder to stop terror/base assaults somewhere by having them spawned by Destroyers (and unsused UFO type that has AC assets still in game).

This was discussed during the beta as a possibility, but most players were against the idea of random events happening that weren't consistent with the rest of the game's mechanics. I think there was a mod that rebalanced UFOs to make it far harder to stop terror/base assaults somewhere by having them spawned by Destroyers (and unsused UFO type that has AC assets still in game).

That's me! Check the sig below, it's also done by Dreadnoughts, which are pretty much impossible to kill without Furies.