Graviton Beam Emitter mod (WIP)

Reactorcore

So I'm basically making this weapon:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5544[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5545[/ATTACH]

I'm totally new to modding Xenonauts. The rather new modular mod system that seems to be replacing the old overwriting system, so I tried assembling this mod using examples from XNT, Kabill's mod and the Dart Gun mod according to the modular system, but the game either crashes during soldier equip screen or the weapon doesn't show up.

I'm uploading the mod here, if anyone can point out what I missed:

[ATTACH]5546[/ATTACH]

Please help make it work. :(

Did some more tweaking today, incorporating your help, but the game crashes the moment I enter the soldier equip screen. I'm probably needing to use ModMerge or something magical like that, but I have no idea how that stuff works. The DartGun mod barely uses those, while XNT has them. I'm confused. :(

@skaianDestiny:

Thanks, I just noticed that vanilla content doesn't have that field, while X:CE mods do. Added that in!

@endersblade:

Thank you for pointing that out, fixed that too. Feels a bit jarring that I thought "annihiliate" was the right way to spell it all these years. :P

Is there some sort of crashlog or a way to find out what might have triggered the crash?

Here's also the updated version so far:

[ATTACH]5549[/ATTACH]

I added a 'units' folder with soldier spectre files, but that also didn't get past the crashing on entering soldier equip screen.

EDIT:

Turns out the Dart Gun mod alone also crashes on soldier equip screen. Looks like I did goofed in using it as a template for my mod.

Edited by Reactorcore