Rage Quit Moments

LordJulian

Share your most frustrating experience with Xenonauts here!. Mine is that 80% of the time when a soldier gets shot and survives, the next round he dies from bleeding. Makes you wonder if the game actually deliberately does that all the time, reducing the soldiers health to a single digit, before offing them with bleeding. :mad:

yeah the bleeding is super annoying... maybe it could be done so that it grows exponentially, first round only few drops so that you have time to treat it, and then, if you don't, twice as much damage, and few turns later slow down again. Wouldn't it also be more realistic? Human body has this property that the blood vessels contract immediately after the injury and stay like that for sometime until they loosen up, doesn't it? I think it read it somewhere.

Edited by razorjackmw

I had a situation recently where I had a HMG guy, two tiles away a civilian, three tiles from him another civilian, both sort of offset from the LOS of the HMG to an alien some 10+ tiles away. I decided to say fuck it and fired away. One shot hit the alien, nothing hit the civilians. So I moved him and put a rifleman in the same tile. Fired a burst, the first round hit the alien and killed it, the other two each hit a civilian and killed them >.>

The 10 rounds of the HMG missed the civvies. But a 3 round burst, all three found their own targets. THE ONLY TWO CIVILIANS ON THE MAP.

I had a base defense mission where I got down to the last alien, but he was hiding. I eventually found where he was hiding because he took a pot shot at one of my guys walking through a door and killed him. Over the next several turns, he proceeded to kill 5 more of my guys in the same fucking spot. And not a one of those guys ever actually saw the alien, either. On the Alien's turn, he would open the door, kill someone, then move back to where he was (or close to it I assume). Then I'd move, and he'd reaction fire my guy as he walked through the door. I finally took a roundabout way to come in another door and finally took him out. I had 3 guys left. I almost lost a base to one freaking alien.

Oh, new favorite; XNT alien cysts. Nothing like walking around a tractor only to be one-shot by the little facehugging bastard that's been hiding in that corner of the barn for the past ten turns in the one square you didn't have LoS on.

At least it usually isn't fatal, but still. *RAGE*

Also, when a reaper appears ten squares away and your entire squad simultaneously offends the great god of RNG.

Had one earlier today on stream. Was trying to figure out some weird pathing and realized one of my troops now had a Reaper standing next to them. Ok, she had a laser shotgun and full TUs so she was able to kill it. Next alien turn a random seb runs into range and snipes her from beyond cover just as I was talking about how it would have annoyed me if she just suddenly died.

The conspiracy of the higher rank your Xenonaut, the more effective and accurate the enemy's attack is against them.

More than once has my Majors or Captains, geared up in full Wolf armour, get killed outright by some no-name alien guard with a standard-issue plasma rifle at extreme range.

When the game breaks out the Bullsh!t bullets, I turn it off and go have a little rest..

Had a pretty rage educing moment last night. Right at the beginning of a mission I have 2 Sebs keeping me penned up inside the dropship. Decide that its time to enact my last resort and shoot them with a rocket. So into the middle with as clear a line of fire as I can give him goes my rocketeer and he fires! At which point the rocket takes a 90 degree turn right into the wall gibbing all of my best soldiers in one fell swoop. (It might not have been 90 degrees it just felt like it. I didn't stick around with my protractor)

Ship encounter with 98% chance for victory... both side destroyed each other... what the bloody hell?

AI is pretty stupid, that means that your aicraft shot it's payload but then kept going into the target's range instead of turning around. That's why learning how to manual resolve is so important.

Ship encounter with 98% chance for victory... both side destroyed each other... what the bloody hell?

The dialog doesn't say anything about chance of victory. The percentage is the chance the UFO will get destroyed. And it's not really that hard to imagine that both sides released all their missiles and then couldn't avoid the missiles from the other side.

AI is pretty stupid, that means that your aicraft shot it's payload but then kept going into the target's range instead of turning around. That's why learning how to manual resolve is so important.

The autoresolve does not attempt to simulate combat, it is just a numerical comparison of relative strength. The game simply adds the Autoresove Strength values for weapons/aircraft on each side, randomly modifies both by +/- 10% and compares them. The side with the lower value is destroyed, and the side that won takes damage relative to the margin of victory. If one side barely beats the other, it's possible for both to be destroyed.

The autoresolve does not attempt to simulate combat, it is just a numerical comparison of relative strength. The game simply adds the Autoresove Strength values for weapons/aircraft on each side, randomly modifies both by +/- 10% and compares them. The side with the lower value is destroyed, and the side that won takes damage relative to the margin of victory. If one side barely beats the other, it's possible for both to be destroyed.

Reasoning = 0

RNG = 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Four guys standing at the second door in a scout UFO with enough TUs to reaction fire. Two armed with shotguns, one with an AR, and one with a shield and pistol. Last two aliens open the door lined up right behind one another. Front one shoots three times and kills one of my soldiers. One panics, and the other two are suppressed to the point they are useless.

Edit: And it figures. The ONE time I don't save spam during a mission, this s--- happens.

When I had a Sebillian surrounded - two assault troopers with plasma shotguns, who had unloaded into him at point blank twice each, missing every shot, one shield trooper who had missed three pistol shots point blank, and a rifle trooper (also plasma) one square away who missed every shot on an auto burst.

Alien Turn: the Sebillian gibbed all four with a grenade, and a pair of Reaper Alphas ate my two remaining troopers. It was the second turn of the mission - I lost two to snipers on the first turn when exiting the charlie.

When I was breaching a Ceasan infested carrier and I forgot to un-equip one of my soldier with a plasma caster. He was one with the highest bravery during that play-through and made four kills before getting close to the spacecraft. He was mind controlled during the alien turn and killed two of my men at the door.... I stopped playing for four days after that.