troops getting bumped down the list

The way I set up my squads is, I usually have a 'couple' lead a team, and the rest are random. The couples are usually people I know in real life. I like keeping them at the head of the list and keeping them together. However, sometimes when they get wounded and get removed from the ship until healed, they get bumped down the soldier list. Now this is obviously a purely ascetic thing, it drives me crazy. I will sometimes fire the offending troops that dare separate my couples! Why does this happen, and is there a way to fix it?

I'm specifically referring to the soldier equipment screens, as well as in combat. I like seeing the 1. and 2. slot being my people. They're usually higher ranked and more experienced, so it makes them feel more leader like.

soldier A and soldier B are numbered 1 and 2 in the list, later A is number 5 and B is number 9....you want them to be 1 and 2 again right?

just remove all your soldiers from the transport...them assing them again to the charlie (being A and B the first to be asigned).

i guess this resolve your issue, if im correct to what you are referring.......