(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

i dont mean to be a downer, but is there a way i can remove the additional aliens from this, both because they are really creepy (personal Preference) and because the spore pod thing that shoots embryos at me crashes my game sometimes and is really annoying to find after you killed everything else.

Please can anyone help me with kabil random map pack and Fire in the hole mod? I will gladly appreciate it of course...

Here is what I have done:

Install Xenonauts Vanilla 1.09

Install XNT (copy it to xenonauts main folder)

Install Kabil random map pack (extract all farm, desert, arctic to xenonauts/assets folder)

Install Fire in the hole (extract maps and tiles folder only to xenonauts/assets folder)

I'm not quite sure I have done it right, don't know how to check if it's working or not, this is the first time I play xenonauts and never once play the Vanilla so I have no idea how to check the random map pack and fire in the hole working or not.

I'm confused with where to extract the random map pack, to the main folder? or to the assets folder? becouse when I check the random map pack archive/rar it doesn't contain assets folder, it's only tiles and maps folder, so I assume I have to extract it to assets folder where maps and tiles folder belong.

And also Fire in the holes make me confused some says install it with mod tools then delete the weapon xml files. But What I have done was extract the maps and tiles folder only to assets folder just like just like the way I installed the random map pack.

Edited by SolidLove

SolidLove,

extract FitH maps&tiles into the folder "assets\mods\xnt_folder\"

mappack is ok to extract into the main "xenonauts\assets\" folder, but I guess you can do the same as above with the equal result

to use FitH, equip soldiers with breaching charges (same tab as where shield and medikit are). In GC, take the charge into a hand, click it and choose timer value, then go back to inventory screen and drop it onto the ground. This should be done close to ufo "weak spots", they are highlighted by different color when you mouse over the ufo

PS

if it's you first try I suggest playing the vanilla version, maybe this one will be good

thank you very much @podbelski,

But looks like with FitH extracted to main assets is already working, but I would like to use your way by extract it to assets/mods/xnt/assets instead since I'm already back up my assets/maps and assets/tiles folder. But is it save since I'm already have a save file and would be nice if I'm not losing it.

And just some question is it necessarry to carry alien body in ground combat? Or it will be recoverable anyway in the end while winning it?

Is there invisible allien or it's something wrong with my files? It's my first ground combat and there is a strong invisible alien inside the ship. when they die it just left something blue/purple on the floor. the attack projectile is not clear it's like its send another creature towards the target.

And how to make breaching charge abailable in xenopedia becouse mine it's not there.

Edited by SolidLove

it's a known XNT bug - some aliens suddenly become invisible :-( usually it's "wraith eggs"

xenopedia lacks many entries as well. And AFAIK weapon tooltips are not up-to-date.

there are more problems with this mod that hurt novice players quite a lot, that's why I said probably it's better to start with vanilla. Especially as the version 1.5 available

Is that becouse I only copy maps and tiles from FITH mod? is there any way possible to make me able to see xenopedia for breacing charge maybe sampe part in FITH mod beside maps and tiles that I need to extract aswell?

Dont get me wrong, I already know how to use breaching charge just want to make the xenopedia there.

And by the way I use your way, I extract FITH maps and tiles to XNT folder and it ask to replace some doors .xml files, is it okay???

And about this LINKyou gave me @Podbelski, how to install it without steam? and there seems to be no download link in there. Is that any different to X:CE?? I would gladly try it...

Edited by SolidLove

Is that becouse I only copy maps and tiles from FITH mod? is there any way possible to make me able to see xenopedia for breacing charge maybe sampe part in FITH mod beside maps and tiles that I need to extract aswell?

Dont get me wrong, I already know how to use breaching charge just want to make the xenopedia there.

And by the way I use your way, I extract FITH maps and tiles to XNT folder and it ask to replace some doors .xml files, is it okay???

And about this LINKyou gave me @Podbelski, how to install it without steam? and there seems to be no download link in there. Is that any different to X:CE?? I would gladly try it...

I'm fairly certain that if you set up a mod folder with the researches.xml and xenopedia.xml files from FITH it will give you the xenopedia entries indicating the hull weak-points on the larger UFOs. The breaching charge entry is more tricky since it's unlocked at the start of the game via one of the script files (and you can't merge those). However, if you edit the XNT _BaseBuilt.lua file by adding in the line:

UnlockKnowledge( "weapon.explosive.BreachingCharge" );

that should do it (but only when you start a new game).

What is unique economy system describe in this mod? Becouse I don't have any idea what's changed. since this is the first time I play. What happen is I'm running out of money, not so often Ufo is catched in radar. And where I could get the money?

And about hellfire weapon, when I get it? how, by research?

if you are out of money it means you spent everything) it should be so, unless you spend money on something unnecessary at this moment

I build the second base immediately, a couple more hangars at the main base and a hospital. 2nd workshop is also required, but you can delay construction for a few days if you wish... depends on the plans. I build more laboratories at the 2nd base, 1st dedicated to manufacture&aircraft

money come every 1st day of the month from sponsors (right top corner). Or from ground combats, you have to catch a landed ufo or intercept the flying one

hellfire weapons unlocked by research of the alien weapons found in GC; unlocked not all at once. Some of them will be unlimited, others have to be manufactured

What is unique economy system describe in this mod? Becouse I don't have any idea what's changed. since this is the first time I play. What happen is I'm running out of money, not so often Ufo is catched in radar. And where I could get the money?

And about hellfire weapon, when I get it? how, by research?

As Podbelski says you need to develop your build and research tree. In certain ppint of the game you can start reforcing your economy by weapons and armor manufacturing, specially Jackal and Coyote armors.

Good luck

i realy have a problem with how research works in this game , to many things are locked and require multiple researches, earlier you said

"Take and sacrifice, if you unlock a research you can lock other one.

I can explain you the mechanism." (tried to find the explanation but couldnt)

the problem is im not making informed choices im making random ones , im not even researching things that seam useful because a lot of the times the things i want are locked behind something that apparently has no connection (i didnt even know you could lock other researches )

another problem is when having multiple requirements- lets say that tech C needs needs tech A and B to unlock , i will research tech A in the early game but i will not do tech B (because it doesnt seam useful ) until the midgame ,there is no way in hell i could make the conection that i also needed tech A for it , i would assume it only needed tech B ( i see no mention in the xenopedia of what research was needed for it after it was done)

am i suposed to restart the game hundreds and use a process of elimination to figure out what each tech needs or is there something obvious that im missing

sry if my post is a jumbled mess but i would really appreciate some information

I updated my datacore crash patch. I think someone posted similar patch earlier as well, but it is worth the effort because mine is probably more visible due to being posted on the main thread. There's still some things I want to fix as well so I'll push this onto its own separate thread after I find the time to do those.

Edit: Fixed garage tab crash.

Edited by ventuswings

I updated my datacore crash patch. I think someone posted similar patch earlier as well, but it is worth the effort because mine is probably more visible due to being posted on the main thread. There's still some things I want to fix as well so I'll push this onto its own separate thread after I find the time to do those.

Edit: Fixed garage tab crash.

I want to pack all the patches and put it on a update 6.1.