(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Thanks for the method.

(but after watching the different aliens pngs I realised it's the Wraith-omega from sebillian ships and not the reapers from caesan ships I wanted to remove, only the acid spitting omegas having those weird bugs, anyway removed every "wraith-omega" in ufocontents should work the same)

Now I hope their body isn't needed for researches etc.

Yeah my bad.. the problematic one is the wrath race.. and i confused with my mod.

I dont think its needed somewhere..

BUT even you want to clean it without erasing the alien itself, you need to go aiprop.xml and find the alien (wraith-omega) then erase the grenade weapon at its equipment.

@TWAN

it's better not to delete the whole Wraith_Omega line from OOS files. Otherwise, if you delete the line in the OOS files, the Omega might still appear b/c it exists in XNT files. You have to edit them as well.

Simpler way is to just clean all the columns except for the first one - the name - from the OOS files. This tells the modmanager to remove the Omega completely.

But what you describe is strange, as I removed the grenades from Omega which made it transforming to Caesans, and it stopped happening for me

I was using the already patched XNT you made for OOS but not OOS mod itself.

If you fixed things in the OOS part (or after you first released it) may explain why I still have those bugs (looked in my mods/XNT/aiprops wraith-omega do appear to have 2 grenades).

Anyway, so, I can delete the grenades and reintroduce the omegas, cool.

you can use just the "XNT tweaks" part of the OOS pack, mostly it fixes bugs like this Omega and mades slight adjustments (which was generally approved by TD)

the complete list of changes, if you wish (it's for my own use so not well formatted):

+ updated weapons tooltips

+ male armour.impjackal image

+ weapon.machinegun: supp 80->95, radius 4->3, clipsize 60->40

+ other MG: supp+20, suppRadius 4>3

+ weapon.sniper: clipsize 10->5, disableDamageScaling="0"

+ weapon.shotgun: supp 30->40

+ weapon.explosive.PlasmaBreachingCharge: HBP_PlasmaBreachingCharge.png

+ weapon.grenade.flashbang: suppressionRadius 1>3, damage 0>2 (to show radius)

+ grenades: speed 1000>500

+ weapon.explosive.plasma: radius 9>7, throw AP 60>45, acc 30>40

+ weapon.explosive.C4: radius 8>6.5, throw AP 40>50, acc 40>35

+ weapon.grenade.toxin (napalm): dmg 40>30

+ weapon.rocketlauncher: set2 AP 75>55, acc 85>70; added set3 AP 85, acc 90

+ weapon.grenade.shock: suppressionValue 130>210, suppressionRadius 5>3, stunDamage 50>25

+ alien sucubus: accuracy_set3 145>105

+ weapon.Aphazer: suppradius 4->3, supp 250->120

+ weapon.trick (eggs): AP 40->1, speed 1500>750, dmg 18>0, stun 50>120, clipsize 3>1, isinfinite 1>0

+ weapon.qspray (omega): speed 2500>1250, impact sound

+ LPDiablo fix: 25>15 ammo

+ config.xml: hand/belt/backpack action costs, BurstReactionFireRange 20>15, HeavyWeaponMovePenalty .5>.6, ToggleRoof 0>1

+ combatShield: 100>150

+ assaultshield 200>300, animation for napalm (toxin) grenade, research 213>95

+ combatshield animation for napalm (toxin) grenade

+ moved DSB manufacture images to this mod

+ Researches.AlienElectronics: added missing req LandingshipDSB research

+ weapon.mediumdronecannon: burstdelay 0.4>0.1

+ weapon.lasercarbine: acc 48>58

+ Researches.BaseBuildMission: requires cruiserDatacore>landingcraftDatacore; fixed base constr image

+ "corvetter" string (xenopedia)

+ plasma pistol: acc +3% for snap/1st aim

+ #### strings for cruiser dtc

+ hvy drone: stronger version of aliencannon

+ flamethrower: recoil 80>70 (not used?)

+ weapon.SHThunder: suppression 40>50, mitigation 10>13

+ weapon.particlebeam: isHeavy 0>1, weight 50>35

+ sentelin: fixed ammo (4), dmg 90>85, mitigation 50>45, range 30>25, suppr 90>35, suppRange 2>1, weight 7>10, biggun

+ all sniper rifles: adjusted reactionMods, no snap shots

+ weapon.MAGprecision: disableDamageScaling

+ alien grenades speed reduced

+ wounds: 6>5 to inflict, chance 50>100, dmg 3>1 per wound

+ lightdrone: mitigation 99>30

+ mediumdrone: mitigation 99>45

+ separate sounds for teleport and psi attacks

+ weapon.SWBalor: burst fire sound, burstdelay 0.1>0.25, BurstSuppressionRadius 4>3, suppressionRadius 3>2, mitigation 13>10

+ removed human grenades from aliens, a few minor adjustments to some aliens (mostly accuracy for weaker ones)

Edited by podbelski

Thanks a lot (and for all this work by the way).

I should have read your thread more carefully, I was just searching a recent version to replay xnt after reinstalling the game, so downloaded it from the first link in your post without realising fixes and tweaks were in the other part.

... and I also recommend using of the "Smoke fix for XNT":

+ FlammableTilesSmoke: separate animation to distinguish "damaging" smoke (reddish)

+ proper Napalm grenade quickthrow image

+ SmokeGrenadeGas: damage 3>0, stunDamage 8>5, dissipationChance 75>50, accuracyReduction 12>20, light-grey smoke texture

+ ToxinGas (omega smoke): does not block LOS, dissipates over time normally

+ no stun damage for smokes w/o normal damage except for purplesmoke and greysmoke

+ adjusted some values a little bit

Im having a problem where my soldiers only regenerate half their total tu's and can never optain more than that after the first turn I cant imagin that this is a feature of the mod, as it has made the game considerbly harder for no real purpose. I hope no more than a simpe edit in an xml file is all that is needed so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated.

Im having a problem where my soldiers only regenerate half their total tu's and can never optain more than that after the first turn I cant imagin that this is a feature of the mod, as it has made the game considerbly harder for no real purpose. I hope no more than a simpe edit in an xml file is all that is needed so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated.

That's weird. It's not a mod feature. And, your soldiers aren't overburdened either, or else you would have half of your time units on the first turn as well.

The closest thing I can think of is that suppression is glitching out and is causing all of your soldiers to take the suppressed debuff for some reason. Can you check and see if your soldiers can be suppressed at all?

• 2 months later...
The alien turn won't end. It just stays on the 'potential danger' artwork.

It's OK.

I've seen this bug on every build and on clean vanilla. (Maybe it is not a bug, but a FEATURE?)

Run task manager and kill "xenonauts.exe", then load again.

Save often, that's solution.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys im a bit confused as to how to proceed with the game. ive encountered a queen alien on my 3rd mission (i mean from the film aliens) and she seems to be invincible, so far in one turn i have scored a direct hit with a rocket launcher a flamethrower a napalm grenade a standard grenade and every other small arms weapon available.

the only weapon that did any damage was the rocket launcher and that was a measly 22 which it promptly regenerated on its turn.

there seems to be a bug with it aswel which is causing my game to crash. once any of my troops get within about 20 spaces of it it charges at them then morphs into a ceasan with blue shirt which then throws some kind of insta kill gas grenade and then the shirt colour changes to red.

sometimes this ceasan then disappears before my turn begins and if i end turn after that i get a CTD. now if it doesn't disappear and i kill this ceasan the game locks up my entire pc and i have to do a hard restart.

obv the crashes are a bug but im wondering if the morphing into a ceasan that tosses grenades is intended and also id like to know how to actually kill the queen thing without hving a team of 8 rocketeers (if its even possible in the first place)

@Drages

This game is completly playable, Drages is comoletly wrong here, because this mod was different and older dosent mean the is useless, in other hand XNT is one of the greatest and the first attempt to build a mod pack in xenonauts succesfully with the effort of tons of people.

I dont find why you force people to like only your mod Drages.... Show a bit of respect for the mod that you learn where to change the game variables.

@First of all Sisyphean,

Welcome to XNT,

This mod is the work of lot of pleople and professional game designing, in this version you need to know:

- Aliens are fearful and some of the space beast that you will find are very powerful until you have proper equipment.

- Some of the combats are impossible, the players need to understand that retreat is an option.

- This game has lot of secrets be careful and curious about the things you found in your missions.

- Learn to play aircombats, they are awesome and will give you some advantages taking down UFOs.

- Use explosives wisely, they are alsouseful removing obstacles not always killing.

- Choose and center your researches in one branch initial choices determine your survivability.

- MANUFACTURE! Specially armours, the world need it and you can produce it.

- Keep fighting even when only one soldier is alive.

Try to reinstall the mod and use XNT tweaks and the last XCE.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12813-XCE-0-31-XNT-6-0-Out-of-the-Sun-geoscape-overhaul-for-XNT

Good luck!

Edited by TacticalDragon

TD.. can you please show me where I force to ppl like "only my mod"? I never said that kind of thing to someone who looks for a mod to play. Please don't say that kind of imaginary things when you just comes by here per 2 month.. you abondoned this mod and the mod at this topic is old. You do not even bother to write in the front page of this topic to show ppl what do they need to do.

They are much more better mods in development who needs ppl to play to make them better. Ppl comes to this mod because it's nearly the only one at mod websites.

I come home from a horrible day at work and what do I find? Drama. This is the modding forum. It is not twitter, tumblr, or the comments section of a youtube video. If two of the leading modders in this forum (and supposedly grown men) must put on their drama hats then kindly snipe at each other over a more suitable medium. I hear reddit is lovely this year. In the meanwhile, Drages, people have the right to use whatever mod they see fit. If they have problems with it, then it's up to the mod creator to fix those problems by updating the mod. And TD, no making it personal.

I come home from a horrible day at work and what do I find? Drama. This is the modding forum. It is not twitter, tumblr, or the comments section of a youtube video. If two of the leading modders in this forum (and supposedly grown men) must put on their drama hats then kindly snipe at each other over a more suitable medium. I hear reddit is lovely this year. In the meanwhile, Drages, people have the right to use whatever mod they see fit. If they have problems with it, then it's up to the mod creator to fix those problems by updating the mod. And TD, no making it personal.

Drama makes life powerful, for me is not personal, I found drages intervention unrespectful, nothing more.

Thx Mr Max

• 1 month later...

Hello, Great mod guys im loving it.

However i have a query, i startd a new game on insane mode for shits n giggles, but im not getting any disassemble in the manufactory area. So im stuck with Condor aircraft.

Is this normal? im running the latest XCE (steam auto update) 0.34 (5 oct) and the latest hellgate.

Is somethign wrong with this install?

Thanks for your time

az.

(mirror post from the install thread)

Hello, Great mod guys im loving it.

However i have a query, i startd a new game on insane mode for shits n giggles, but im not getting any disassemble in the manufactory area. So im stuck with Condor aircraft.

Is this normal? im running the latest XCE (steam auto update) 0.34 (5 oct) and the latest hellgate.

Is somethign wrong with this install?

Thanks for your time

az.

(mirror post from the install thread)

Thanks for your post

Did you get any corvette datacore? Did you have a free space on any hangar to dissembling? Try to make work this conditions in manufacture screen.

Each dissembling need that condicion.

Hmm i ran into this problem again after many new game restarts.

I tried everythiing from complete fresh install to different xce versions to different mod priorities, yet nothing would solve it.

THEN, i realised i had combined the living space of the living quarters into the command center (for more building space).

As soon as i stopped destroying the original base living quarters, the planes started showing upa s options at teh start of games and the dissassemblys where there.

*facepalm*

• 2 months later...

I'm having some problems getting XNT to work as well. I've got the latest Xenonauts and the .34 CE (well, .34.1 as of today), but if I toss in XNT and the .exe files, the mod selection gets.. Weird, and it seems to want to activate all of the mods ever, so when I first opened up the game everything was in French! Somewhat problematic for me as I don't speak the language. Went in and deleted all of the FR mods, everything seemed fine then though once I got into combat the game would hang on alien turns, indefinitely, nothing I could do to fix that. So I switched back to the default .exe set and now the game just crashes whenever I try to place my first base. Any advice? I tried removing some of the mods that are on by default but that fixed nothing.

I really want to give XNT a try because it looks amazing, if a bit dated.

I tried XDivision but I absolutely hated how from day one various types of aliens were pretty much invulnerable to different damage types except the one and only one that is effective against them.

Edited by Szara