(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Hi!

First off - really like your mod. I'm fairly new to the game and found that vanilla werent that awesome that i thought it were, this mod however was.

First I have a question, the new version of the community edition, is this mod compatable with the new ones? It replaces the .exe and alot of other things from the community version.

Is it safe to just replace the new exes again with the hellgate ones?

And secondly I have some feedback.

Lacking in-game info on weapons make the equipping of soldiers wonky and hard to use. I have no idea if the m14 is a decent replacer for the AK o m16 because i get no real information about it as i do with vanilla guns. That should be a prio.

And with the guns, I would recommend that you dont go overboard with "cool" weapons. One very nice thing with xenonauts is that they chose a cold war setting and with it technological and armament limitations. Your advanced ballistic weapons dont really follow that. And what is up with the biological hazard symbol? It looks flashy in a weird way and kinda immersion breaking for me. Really feels like im playing a mod when i see those guns, like back in half-life modding, ppl wanted to make cool weapons and didnt see what made the guns cool in the first place. And that is weird because the new planes, they are done perfectly right, following the aesthetics of the game and the setting.

In short - the new guns are one of few eye-soars that makes your game look/feel like a mod and not a extension of the original game.

That and the Alien rip-off. But atleast you did a comical explanation to that in the xenopedia description :)

Thanks for all your hard work in making this mod guys! Really appreciate it!

i have a question,since i have few time to do a serious playtrough how works alien ship disassembling? for what i have read (rapidly)i have to pay 10k and a data core for have?extra alloys?or i earn 10k for the disassmbly? is important for economy or the free hangar is better occupied by a foxtrot?

it's important: first disassembly at workshop gives you a technology (not immediately, but wait 12 hours more). Subsequent disassemblies produce "recovered equipment", just sell it from the storage. I end up setting 3 workshops at a secondary base dedicated solely to disassembling. Lots of money

ok thanks,but to disassembling i have to pay a 10k and need datacore of the given ship(ex a corvette) and at the end of the disassebly i recover alien alloys and aelenium?if i manage to dedicate a second base only for manifacture i had to send from the main base all the datacores(assumed like corvettes wreckages)and than disassembly?

thanks for the answers!

ok thanks,but to disassembling i have to pay a 10k and need datacore of the given ship(ex a corvette) and at the end of the disassebly i recover alien alloys and aelenium?if i manage to dedicate a second base only for manifacture i had to send from the main base all the datacores(assumed like corvettes wreckages)and than disassembly?

thanks for the answers!

It's not only alloy. U got something to sell for big money. Dissemble a battleship and I git about 900k :)

you pay for the work (10k for corvette), but you don't get alenium/alloys. Instead there will be a single item named like "recovered UFO equipment", sell it for 130k and more for bigger ships

thanks mate's!

very interesting!i have do a disasemmbling but i have't seen any such things..i was hurry and probabily a haven't watch good!:rolleyes:

Hi all,

First of all this is a magnificent mod, great job guys. I have one little terminal problem though:

Whenever I go into the soldiers equipment window, others tab the game immediately crashes.

I'm running a clean Steam install with X:CE (which is now patched to v0.30).

I deleted the game and reinstalled both the game and the mod but problem still persists. Any ideas?

UPDATE:

I started playing the game avoiding 'other equipment' tab. There were no other major problems besides a few missing spirites and ufopedia screens. Then after researching "light vortex projector" the game started crashing as soon as I click soldier equipment tab in the Geoscape screen. I'm guessing the last research opened up a new weapon or equipment which has a missing element. I hope this helps you narrow it down.

Edited by Ebentorro

hi torro well thats the problem, the mod is not compatible with 0.30 right now, you need a CLEAN INSTALATION of the game and them just unzip the content of the game, search in the /assets/mods folder and copy the exes there in the main folder and thats it :).

Thanks a lot for the heads up blackwolf. Really appreciated. The original release page for this version of the mod says it was preferable to use Steam version with CE option so that's what I did. But it turns out v0.30 was not compatible.

Just to be sure: the latest version on Steam is v1.09, is it compatible with this mod?

@ebentorro YEP!, 1.09 is the ideal version for this...the only problem now is with the 0.30,and is a shame because it fixes a couple of bugs that was rounded here but is not only XNT, it looks like almost any mod need to upgrade into 0.30..so for now is just a question of time..i hope you enjoy the mod, if you keep having problems then voice me again pal :).

...finally, I won my 1st full playthrough :)

but the game crashed at the combat report screen, is this standard completion with XNT?

overall it's a very good impression. Though I altered scouts and corvettes loadouts, and going to do the same for bigger ships. There is a room for improving the variety of species and AI modes for them.

Edited by podbelski

One of my men was downed by a Sebillian, but now he's bleeding to death on the ground while unconscious. Medkits don't seem to work. I don't think this feature was in vanilla; when soldiers there died/fell unconscious, they didn't keep bleeding.

What do?:confused:

One of my men was downed by a Sebillian, but now he's bleeding to death on the ground while unconscious. Medkits don't seem to work. I don't think this feature was in vanilla; when soldiers there died/fell unconscious, they didn't keep bleeding.

U need to use medikit on that tile... everytime he gets +5 everytime.. just spam it...

have the same problem with a man hitted by a vortex(bleeding)and the next turn downed by a viper egg..the medikit seem not to work(healed almost 50hp)no stop bleed and no raise,strange because other times worked steadly.

Ok my first playthrough is complete. As I suspected this mod is awesome. Great job everyone and keep up the good work.

Now for the bug reports:

1. Coyote armor male picture is missing.

2. Cruiser (at least from what i can gather) dissembly workshop item is broken "####" shows as a name and does nothing.

3. Dissembly jobs cause crashes when you try to go to hangar screen during a dissembly job. Possible cause no 'plane' image to show in the bay.

4. Omega viper sometimes causes crashes in the ground missions. Possible cause one of the spirtes. As far as I can tell this happens when the viper interrupts because it always happens in my turn and when an omega is present and it can see my xenonaut. Not sure though.

5. After the end mission action report game crashes.

6. Some weapons are missing ap and/or stun damage values. Some are probably intentional some are inconsistent eg. single and dual warhawks have different stats and I don't mean the pellet count. You may want to scan weapons_gc.xml thoroughly.

All in all a great and complete mod. Adds many new items and features. Loved it and I wholeheartedly recommend it to all.

Thanks again.

Edited by Ebentorro

re 2)

other than #### I haven't noticed any problems. Disassembly gives equipment for sale and I guess opens the Valkyrie research

Hmm maybe I haven't done it a second time which is when it is supposed to start giving recovered equipment. Will try.

Btw as far as i know what opens the valkyrie research is the data core not dissembly.

Hello.

Thank you for such huge work you put into this mod!

I do really like the new way of how kinetic weapon fires and sounds as well. It become so much better (Is it possible to get this behaviour without XNT mod?)

But caesar and "reptile" weapons sounds to loud as they are not gas, but sonic weapon. And fire some ultra skyfi bullets.

The next one is how hard it is.

Am I supposed to get Vipers, psions, Gargols, yoda-like aliens and another bunch of creepy creatures like on the first and second mission :eek: in mid-september?

It is really cool, but taking into account that air combat got much harder as well, I fill my "corporation" will not survive one more month.

Is there any guide or at least a list of differences to vanilla? Or recommendations how not to die in first 2 months?

PS: when a soldier falls down "to prevent psico strike" and drops all gear down, is there a button to pick it up in one keypress? It is annoying manually drag and drop all that gear back.

Edited by api