(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

the problem is melee units inside the UFO sometimes (often) freeze the game when somehow blocked... had to get rid of Guard AI for all units :-(

if they could be forced to always stay out of the UFO... but I'm not sure is it possible at all

I played XNT for a long time and I saw few times melee aliens stuck at back öf an egg. But never saw a crash. And as I see only eggs can make them stuck. Just erase the eggs.. won't it solve the problem at all?

XNT 6 won't get any version update If there is no volunteer I think. TD and I hope my new mod will take its place. X division uses same ai anyway..

TD and I hope my new mod will take its place. X division uses same ai anyway..

it looks like your mod will differ very much from the XNT 6, I guess it's going to be another game

and IMO the XNT is too good to let it vanish. My vision is it needs some more balancing, bugfixing and polishing, not the abandonment

... and btw the freeze occurs not only b/c of eggs, a few days ago I had a case with two gargols at the top level of the battleship freezing the game as reaction to my shooting. Nasty surprize after a long battle, just when I prepared to capture the Praetor :-(

Gargols reaction? Just zero their reaction then..

Another game? no no :)... just maybe a good expansion i hope.. all team members are working on their own projects now.. XNT is a classic for sure..

Gargols reaction? Just zero their reaction then..

that's another story, I haven't tried this so not even sure is it a solution or not

Another game? no no :)... just maybe a good expansion i hope.. all team members are working on their own projects now.. XNT is a classic for sure..

hmm... earlier you said like the XNT will be an "old mod" not compatible with new game version, and that's why you decided not to take it as a basis... at least that was my understanding of your words

When I start moving on XNT, experienced ppl advised me to make something from beginning rather thrn editing an old one. After td gave me all the rights of XNT I wanted to create something for the last version of the game because there will be steam workshop which needs everything for last version of the current game. After offical 1.5 the main mod plays will be steam.

XNT is the only overhaul mod made for this game with magnum nauts. .. i will bring his hard worked parts ideas and name to the future. As I always say, XNT is something opens modders eyes to see what they can do. It's a tutorial for ppl..

the program can never be finished, just the coding can be stopped at certain point :)

seriously, of course one has to put extra effort to continue the project he does not understand well. What matters is how complicated/messy the project is, and what is the goal. I look through XNT files and don't see anything horrible so far - mostly the art and some spreadsheets/XML.

once I have free time I'm going to try playing the XNT under v1.5, and see if I can fix it if this won't work...

LOL reckt? xD

Plz elaborate, I want to hear more hahahaha

After half of the squad was dead and panicked the Hunter Scout Car armed with 12 Frag Rockets proceeded to kill two Ceasans in one blast, then a wide shot barely hits but kills a Minor Viper, an Alpha Viper gets a direct shot to the face, it then proceeded to leave several Non-Combatants to rest in pieces before obliterating the door to the UFO and sitting inside of it for a whole five turns before I realized that vehicles can't take UFOs.

Yeah, it was the best moment I've ever had while playing XNT. xD

the program can never be finished, just the coding can be stopped at certain point :)

seriously, of course one has to put extra effort to continue the project he does not understand well. What matters is how complicated/messy the project is, and what is the goal. I look through XNT files and don't see anything horrible so far - mostly the art and some spreadsheets/XML.

once I have free time I'm going to try playing the XNT under v1.5, and see if I can fix it if this won't work...

ModMerge only has a problem with the "weapon_gc.xml" file. Just so you know where to look. :3

Hi. :) I'm new here so the question may be noobish but... :)

I've installed XNT 6.0 core package and everything was fine. But after updating to XCE 0.31 HF1 I cannot see XNT 6.0 in my modding tools menu? Can XNT work with XCE 0.31 HF1?

10x in advance

what did u do!!!! XNT works only with CE ınside it. dont update your game or CE..