(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Well, Foxtrots cannot intercept battleships on other than collision course. But are useful until then before you get Maraduers. But I always used at least 2 fighters per base as well so I can deal with heavy fighters and UFO interceptors. I ended up with for bases in the end, though I had three for most of the game on Normal.

yes,foxtrots are very good..essentials..but a "transitional" bomber would be more realistic, fox's are at the last almost conventional human aircrafts, marauders are heavily inspired to alien crafts(tech's e materials used)passing from foxtrots to marauders is like passing from a mechanical computer(like one's used during ww2)to a modern PC's..between existed transitional transistor models..for fighters firs pass from condor to saracen and then corsairs..foxtrots haven't such evolution

Let me tell a little story:

Corvette lands so I send in Charlie 1 (haven't gotten shrikes yet) I land and cautiously move a shield forwards... See nothing so I continue and I've got everyone in a loose group in cover behind and to the side (this is a night mission).

End turn 1

Two reapers appear out of a building and get a sniper and my shield. Ceasean knocks out heavy and sniper with cannon

Turn 2

2 are now zombies two are unconscious remaining all fire and kill reapers and injure ceasean

End turn 2

Third reaper appears and gets a rifleman followed by a ceasean knocking out my other rifleman.

Turn 3

3 zombies 3 uncouncious remaining two head for chopper and get hit by reaction shot from ceasean knocking both out.

Mission failed

i think most player agreee with that drages..i dont complait so much about their stats, but most abour their behaviour :c. They were a lot more scarier than now, maybe a little buff in their stats could be ok, but MOSTLY in the IA, i feel them a bit dumb, i only lost soldier when i do something really stupid like seing them and getting to close, i remember their deadly kamikaze charge when even when they know they will die they charge and kill a couple of my guys, instead of just running in circles dumbing around :c.

I think ai can be mod just with copy paste from 5.3 to 6.0..

not only their suicide runs, they just hide them self so well and they sneek my back. To be honest that was more scary then alien isolation itself...

about stats, they should be ballistic proof like before so flamethrower will be usefull again.. maybe I add more alien types with another colors.. bahhh I got so many plans.. I wish I got some ppl to help..

hey is xnt 5.31 firebat still available for download? i need it so i can run xenophobia mod, which requires 5.31 firebat.

its available on strategyinformer just google the website and type xenonauts into the game search bar then download. also you will need to download The_Great's 1.5.1 patch to make it work. its on the xenophobia thread on the third or fourth to last page.

install is as follows

Install clean 1.09 Xenonauts not is steam folder if you use steam

extract XNT 5.31 over this directory

place Xenophobia 1.50a in folder and run the program specify install location and finish

if windows says program installed incorrectly just ignore it

now run the patch (must be run as administrator from the right click menu) its in Russian but just just click the left button and specify the folder the Xenonauts stuff is in then press what would be run if it were in English

must start a new save and id highly suggest using notepad++ or other XML editor to go into the gameconfig.xml (in the assets folder) and change the initial funds to 5-10million or higher.

also if you don't like having manufacture basic ballistics just open the items.xml and find the lines where it mentions ammo and weapons select the specific ones and change string<Normal> to Unlimited in each you want to change works for every item just don't forget capitalization and if its not available from the start use UnlimitedOnResearch instead. that does what it says it makes it unlimited once you research it

To be honest reaper and vipers are so easy now.. even at first mission u can kill them if u have shotgun and heavy.

At 5.3 they were intelligent then me.. u could never guess where they can come from.. it was real nightmare..

6.0 is easy mode..

i avoid night mission when possible(almost always,save some urgent terrors,happened one or two times in all my playthroughts)end even in normal games i will advance with care against reapers(vipers and alpha reapers have A LOT of TU's)and kill them with reaction fire.especially inside UFO's they tend to rush from the upper levels with the teleports and kill isolated soldiers,i wait them with a mass of guns or if they never come lock the telepoting pods with a man over it, then hunt & kill them,a bit slow but effective approach..against fast e lethal unit work, remeber that reapers attack no forgive..no kind of matter of armour you have..

have some doubts about advanced ballistics..for me they come too late(at least some of them)ok for zephyr,shotguns ecc,but i have discovered hvy advanced machinegun when laser weapons and scatters were already discovered..is normal or i have taken some strange tech walkthrought?even sentelin rifle, i have discovered it only 1 or 2 weeks before laser sniper,ok i produced 2 or 3 and have helped but have sense using them only for one or two weeks?have advantages over a laser sniper?it's heavy and slow and cost a lot,sulphur roket launcher is very good.

Heavy ballistic is planned a weapon just before and laser era.. Its ok u use them with lasers along.. its not about the weapon damages, its about weapon damage types..

Ballistic and energy.. there are places u need to use ballistic and other places for lasers.. but its a balance issiue.. if u ask me, there is not much chance at this version.. i can kill most of things with ballistic and energy weapons.. and yeah with my experience i prefer laser sniper rather then sentelin.. but sentelin is perfect reaction and armor piersering weapon.. do u need that? no as i see..

As my opinion, every alien should have one weakness and strongs... and u need to feel it.. at 5.3 u can feel that.. "omg its a viper and i dont have flamethrower!!!..." its no more.. u just click and kill.. but 5.3 was deadly hard.. even there was nearly no weakness at all heh.. so balancing..

So my only complain is about sentelin is very late.. u can just edit it to make its req as normal andron not officer one.. so u can get it when u need it :)

ok,but as you see i no find almost useless a sentelin or a adv machinegun when i have precision or scatter laser or a adv ballistic riflle when have lasers, i prefer to have a scatter laser than a adv machinegun,ok is cheap but agains andron or large viper is pretty underpowered, it's more pratical equipping entire squad with lasers(when you can) and rely on heavy firepower & precision of laser rather than ballistic, a few more hits will greatly compensate some resistance of creatures and bring ballistic obsolete very fast,why i have to use a sentelin?to do 10-15 more damage on a andron?prefer a laser that cost less TU's and make a more precise fire on long distances,cost few little more?ok no problem..flamethrowers are one of my favourite weapons but i find it absurdely useless against large vipers or armoured targets, it incredible for me seeing a flamethrower do more damage against a large andron(mechanical unit) and against a omega or queen viper do nothing because armour absorb all damages(it's a biological creature and a flamethrower will cook him even if have a thik carapace or at least suppress or scare him,never seen a viper suppressed). i have never to say for balance or difficoulty,is very good,and are good even adv ballistics are good so,help a much on beginnings but some of them come too late especially adv machineguns and sentelin,rifles and shotgun are avabile early and are used for a lot of time before being substituded by more reliable lasers,but sentelin e machinegun come too late to do a full support,are little more than a short apparition,i have produced and used both of them only 4-5 times before the full sostitution..maybe if these weapons appear just after adv rifles would be better,counting that i have to discover e produce it are even more antieconomics weapons..

thanks

We think same.. you dont need adventech ones after lasers.. i even dont need plasma.. becouse the human weapon damages are very high..

At beginning of a game our first sniper can hit an alien for 60... and that poor alien can hit me for 15-20 total to unarmored soldiers.. shotgun soldier can kill 3 enemy at same turn.. so the damage output is so high...

A laser rifle shoot for 4 for 40-50 damage.. why do i need to lose time with plasmas..

I think our first rifle damage would be max 10- at 15 damage so u can scale it at other adventec weapons..

in this mod i haven't discovered plasma yet, possibly make sense to deal against elite or really tough enemy, i have some problems when facing elite ceasans,their powerful armours,united to a good tactical ability and a array of plasma cannons and battle rifles make them the most fearful enemies,and psi abilities of course..seb's e andron are less than a match even with lasers..deal some problems because most are armed with plasma cannons and can vanquish group of soldier easily(most because the last one were almost certainly suppressed and often panics, so a group of soldiers suppressed/paniked,bleeding into flames are often doomed the next turn when enemy replies..i haven't yet understand how a alien can fire a cannon,recharge and fire again in a turn..compared to TU's a soldier use to use captured alien weapons they must have more than 200 TU's.. ;) )

Hello,

How do I get X:CE 0.28?

I tried playing this mod on steam version, but it downloads CE 0.30hotfix1

I overwrote it with all the stuff in mod archive anyway and .. it was running just fine yesterday and day before, but today the game wont even start :(

Edit: Ok ... dont know what was the problem but reinstalling xenonauts and mod fixed it.

now I have the only one problem :) when I go to hire soldiers list the hire window still keeps up even if I switch to transfere or memorial. Obscuring annoying but ... I suppose transfer is still kind of usable from the edges :/

Edited by DancingWind

Well, at the previous version laser and advanced ballistic dealt similar amounts of damage instead of one being superior stat-wise and was meaningful choice, pretty sure not much changes this version. Flamethrower is meant to be quickly outdated, surprised to hear that it can reliably damage Androns!

I'm one of the person who also prefer current alien stats over the bulletsponge ones previous version; splitting your soldier is a viable choice now instead of instant loss version, but like I said maybe increase damage of alien attacks a little bit (early weapons and melee attackers) and perhaps improve by 5-10 superior armour type of particular race (so just make Caesans resist energy even better etc. but NOT all attack types)

Edited by ventuswings