(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

btw, is this already implemented or what?

XNT intelligence report, there is some rumours that indicate that Devs want to change the complete research structure of GC weaponry, the goal is try to make each game different from other

XNT can be dead for now... there is no devs working on it.. TD left it to me and i am working on a new, very new version of it.. but i am very noob..i will reorder "everything" with new techs new researchs...

and i am looking ppl who knows english enough to right ufopedia entries for my new creature-research-weapons..

i will open a new topic about this but i think i didnt made enough metarial.. i am open to all helps..

Everyone works on its own project so we cant call a team here..

wow, unexpected news I'd say

I was under impression TD is going to continue XNT project after some time

Final car crash and some rl issiues stoped him i think.. but maybe he returns.. who knows..

anyway i dont understand why this mod is working with 028 and got problems with 30.. and the incoming v1.5 and then the next CE after it (becouse 1.5 has already got some CE additions which Chris wants to include) will change the modding system so old mods will need a big overhaul...

@Kirill

maybe "Skitsos improved tile art" is another "must have" mod... Or install "Fire in the hole" if you wish. There is a bunch of smallish mods I also find useful but they are definitely minor addition

AFAIK damage numbers are not shown when the target being hit is not visible. But I admit the damage done to my soldiers are often not displayed for some reason, looks like a bug

man i really hope modders will keep working on this game and upgrade it to the next CE or 1.5 as it is a great mod, much better than vanilla. but it is buggy and a little imbalanced :C. I can help with writing xenopedia but I don't know any coding unfortunately (sigh)

Yup, thats what I'm talking about. I threw a smoke and gunned down a grey alien, ran my troops forward, next turn starting moving and bam, 6 dmg or 5 dmg or so.

Also, does anyone else have this issue of a giant massive purple alien, sometimes turning into a red suited grey alien to toss a grenade, then turning back into a massive alien? It was right off the ramp of my second dropship and it fricking wrecked my entire landing party. I spread out as best I could and shot back but it resisted everything, including the Hunter machine gun. It's poison explosion did so much aoe from multiple shots that my party wiped. =/

**EDIT** Sounds like that my be something called the Omega. I'm going to do what was suggested and try adjusting it to 0. See if that helps when I get back from work.

Edited by TheLoneTerran

smoke grenade does small damage at the tile it explodes, this is how it is coded.

if you talk about "damaging smoke" I'm annoyed as well, never can't tell if the particular smoked tile will hurt you or not...

The smoke that is burning (particles floating amid the smoke) will hurt you if you move into it, while "pure" smoke that has nothing within will not. However the "pure" smoke still deals some stun damage like the purple gas, which is quite negligible but may knock someone out if the soldier has been pummeled with stun weapons like Light Vortex prior.

Of course, smoke grenade explosion deals small damage to everyone uniformly, but does such impact damage really do enough to matter?

"burning smoke" does not always deal damage, I'd say its more likely that it won't. Anyway I don't understand why it deals damage at all if the soldier just quickly passes by. My vision is damage has to be dealt only if the soldier stays at the smoked tile for the rest of the turn.

but most annoying is that AI builds auto-path w/o taking into account the possibility of taking damage, you have to constantly doublecheck the path to avoid idiotic health losses

Fresh Install of Xenonauts no other mod but this one and I have a bug were the hire soldiers clipboard is over the manage soldiers clipboard.

you are using a steam release version wich contains the 0.30...you need to create a new fresh istalation, apply 1.09 patch and then and only then apply this mod, this is using the 0.28XCE version instead of the 0.30 which contains that feature and are causing you that glich. The same thing for Thelone.

And again there is a discussion about smoke grenades, guys..the smoke grenades are trow between your enemies and your soldiers not OVER your soldiers, they are a chemical coctail with components that makes a dark cloud wich pollutise the oxygen..i dont know but is pretty logic to me, the jackal armour and up there gives you a little chemical resistance(a mask...a balaclava...or something use your imagination xD). Did you know that the diference in componets between some smoke grenades(specially the OLDER ONES and remember we are in 79) and "tear gas" (idk the name, in spanish are called "GRANADAS LACRIMOGENAS": errr, tear making grenades?) that are used in riots and stuff?.

Edited by blackwolf

so to install this game I downloaded 1.09

then I downloaded the Xenonauts mod which came with CE 0.28, CE settings, and the mod itself

I copy and pasted each of these things into the assets -> mods -> and just copy and pasted the folders in there, nothing was overwritten, is that correct?

I don't know if this was fixed yet, but you apparently can prevent datacore crash bug by editing manufacture.xml on XNT mod folder (just throw in something like "airplane.human.apollo" on the FillsSlot).

EDIT: For those that can't be bothered or just want to avoid accidental spoilers, download

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=45844498444207676636

and use it to replace ONLY:

[Game folder]/assets/mods/XNT V6.0 (Hellgate)/manufactures.xml

I've only 100% tested it up to Corvettes since I don't have much free time recently, but presumably it should fix other problems as well since these crash all share same reason.

Edited by ventuswings

Unique soldiers and enemies at my to do list.. and you will gain surprise things from them.

I am planning to make special forces from enemies.. they will be so powerful but very rewarding.. sometimes u will just want to escape...

I am making new branch of xenomorph now.. they will just eat u.. I will give them 5.3 ai .. so u will feel the difference between enemy army and this special forces..

I can give them different ufo versions too.. think a battleship with them.. omg..

I will add assassin and saboteur class to all enemies.. enemies with deadly snipers and powerful explosive..

I got much to do..

man this mod seriously needs some kind of balancing on alien weapons ... got my whole squad obliterated in a row like wtf out of 20 people 16 are wiped out lol man those rages i had wow .... when i first entered enemy base i had jackel armour, new rifle(one which is produced), warhawk pistols with shield, sniper, flamer and heavy etc after placing my guys in cover after opening starting door and put some on reaction fire. sebillians pop out of nowhere with plasma canons and shottys >:/ 3 guys down with two blasts from plasma ... and then 2 gargols and alpha reaper makes an entry giving me 6 enemies to shoot at while 3 guys were down wtf.. xD i went total berserk and threw a c4 at there face ... enemy turn again plasma shots and then c4 bam 5 aliens gone with 1 xenonauts(np it was worth it) some how made to officer and voila he comes out with another sebillian carrying shotty they both annihilated my 4 guys squad like its nobody business man that shield gone down like a joke lol there was 78hp of shield left just to let u know. anyways was gonna uninstall it but gave it another shot took privates this time to same base but they are so unpredictable lol they constantly got panic and few berserks resulted in losing of xenonauts all in all with privates it just lasted 15 mins lol before they got wiped out for good because those panic and berserking of my xenonauts gave me enough rage to simply uninstall this mod >:D fck it man ... Fighing challenging enemy is one this but unfair advantages is totally another thing .. sorry guys

but eh really liked the art work well done guys :) also those vipers and delta viper man that thing just scared the shit out of me when i first encountered it was not that tough like omega but still had lot of armour. so yea it was really nice to see new enemies that creates the fear of expecting some new and deadly enemy. air fights were good as well. All in all mod is pretty nice but just needs some weapon balancing according to me others might like it idk.

Anyways Thanks again for making something totally different enjoyed the experience till it lasted :) gudluck now