(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Game started crashing when I'm trying to open hangar to decommission all my foxtrots (built 3 before realised that I'm doing something wrong). Or the game itself protests against doing such blasphemous act, or they are not only expensive and useless but also buggy too. The only thing they've managed to crash is the game application.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, C4 and numerous alien explosive (cheaty!) rifles are gamecrashing too. I guess it is bad mod installation.

Combo-EDIT: Just realised - probably it is because of corvette is being scrapped at the same base. Quite inconvinient.

Edited by UristMcKerman

Amazing mod guys ,very very challenging. Not recommended for rookies at all.

Loved the new techs and hated to see the symbiosis of xenomorph and the rest of the aliens like... I saw the first one running towards my retreating injured guy and I thought "well fuck isn't this so damn convenient? what's next? the dalek?" hahaha.

Anyways nice job guys +1 for this amazing project.

Thank you so much! This mod has tons of work.

im glad you like it, you will discover lot of secrets and new content when you develope your current game. I agree is not for rookies but this mod force players to use all the game elements.

Good game and have fun! ^^

Spent an hour trying to take down heavy fighter with saracen. Best result is 91%. How to do it? Is it possible at all? Auto-resolve says that my chances are 96% to win, but looks like they are 96% to lose. Also got plasma explosives research but all missiles are still old-tier.

Yes there is a trick, heavy fighters will never be engage in direct confrontation. Try to change course and search for a new tactic. :)

I think that they are some videos on youtube that show the mechanic. Heavy figthers is a formidable opponent and need piloting skills.

:)

Hi well yeah my improved medkits are just healing 1HP every time I use them, discovered this the hard way during an alien base assault.

I was just checking the first post for patches or sticky posts or whatever but I can't find a thing. Any solution to this? Also, is there a guide out there somewhere? like a manual detailing some of the stuff? I just screwed things up by building a few of those fast interceptors with high radar range... useless in combat ;_;

I'm almost certain that 1HP healing bug is from the vanilla game, but I think the bug can be avoided by avoiding healing everything in one go. As in, instead of healing with full TU, use mouse wheel to heal one step lower so you have little bit of TU remaining after the heal.

UristMcKerman, there's patch for hangar CTD thing on the bottom posts of XNT Hell Gate download thread.

@ventuswings Sir you are completely and totally right, I had no idea this bug existed in vanilla nor did I know how to fix it but be proud in the knowledge that you've helped 3 xenonauts mend their wounds and the fight for mankind's survival will go on thanks to individuals such as yourself.

EDIT:

My game freezes apparently when a Viper tries to do reaction to any of my xenonauts, it was a terror mission and it spawned like 20 tiles away from the landing exit point. The moment I move my xenonauts too close to it the game freezes, if I kill it from afar the crash won't happen since, well... there's nothing alive reacting lol.

Edited by FranTorres

ventuswings, thanks!

Found that plasma missiles are replacing alenium ones, and if you managed research plasma explosives before alenium you are screwed. After alenium research completed all missiles (starting tier) have been replaced with plasma ones, which is okay, but all my newly crafted foxtrots have alenium torps, which is not okay. I guess I should create a copy of plasma explosives research to fix this (or buff alenium torps ;) ). Same stuff (probably) with MAG weaponry. I have accidentally skipped all tiers and started researching MAGs.

C4 is truly epic! During base defence two soldiers rushed to entry point, one throwed C4, other smoke grenade to explode it instantly.

Which weapon is good against omega vipers? I've encountered first one during my second mission, sacrificed 4 soldiers to lure it from crashed scout (heavy one) while other 3 occupied it. Does their smoke dissipate with time? Not disappeared even after 10 turns.

U skip alerium and even u go for mag? How did u survive at until all research done?

Alenium is a important early research.. I can't understand how did u passed it for a long time and reach to plasma..

Anyway.. if u want u can put Alenium in plasma research needs.. so u can't pass alerium before plasma..

Smoke grenades should not make the other bombs explode.. I will correct it at my mod..

Omega is hard to kill.. best choise is the grenade c4 spam.. the gas never goes off.. the fixes of this mod make that disappear.

Smoke grenade deals little damage (and stun damage like in old good X-Com), and even this amount is enough to activate c4 lying on the ground. It could be activated by anything else, but given enormous c4 radius smoke grenades are safest, smoke also protects from survived (if any) aliens shooting back.

Was predator armor tweaked with mod to weight 23 kilos intentionally? It's strenght bonus is not enough to compensate its mass. If I remember right predator in vanilla was weightless. I guess with singulo cannon guy will be completely static (not taking exploits into accout ;) ).

Made coyot armor just to see how it looks. Cool outfit for females. Flying head for males.

Was predator armor tweaked with mod to weight 23 kilos intentionally? It's strenght bonus is not enough to compensate its mass. If I remember right predator in vanilla was weightless. I guess with singulo cannon guy will be completely static (not taking exploits into accout ;) ).

Made coyot armor just to see how it looks. Cool outfit for females. Flying head for males.

Predator armor is intented to weight that amount, I explain it lot of times ^^

the problem is the singularity cannon. Change the weight of the cannon, not the armor.

Sorry about the bugs with the fkying heads :/

Hi! Im having this recurrent crash, this mod introduces a new alien unit which is basically a 12 foot tall zerg ^^ thing is that said creature has both melee and ranged attacks right?.

Well the ranged attack glitches 95% of the time and CTD's. Instead of spitting acid at my xenonauts, a small pause occurs (as in a framerate drop) then it transforms into a red shirt caesan (psions right?) and they are the ones lobbing an acid grenade at me, it explodes, kills my few good men and then CTD.

Sorry if this has been posted and I'm missing something. Only thing I've done is editing some of the gun parameters like the zephyr gun which resembles the HK G36C, adjusted clip size to 30, lowered weight from 9 to 3 etc... some "realism" adjustments.

Well thanks in advance for any help!

By the way, are there any fixes for AI? It looks like even more suicidal than in vanilla. It tends to run to open area to score a 'kill' (mostly 'wound' or 'resist') and die horribly during my turn. Or use explosive guns at point-blank. Those stupid lizards still failing to learn that they shouldn't approach tough guy with MAG carbine. Also I've detected many times when one shot (mostly explosive AOE gun) causes multiple bleedings (up to 3).

P.S. Worth to mention. Truly cool art you guys have made for the mod. Main menu pic is as it should be. Smiling guy on 'alien turn' image definetly likes it too.

By the way, are there any fixes for AI? It looks like even more suicidal than in vanilla. It tends to run to open area to score a 'kill' (mostly 'wound' or 'resist') and die horribly during my turn. Or use explosive guns at point-blank. Those stupid lizards still failing to learn that they shouldn't approach tough guy with MAG carbine. Also I've detected many times when one shot (mostly explosive AOE gun) causes multiple bleedings (up to 3).

P.S. Worth to mention. Truly cool art you guys have made for the mod. Main menu pic is as it should be. Smiling guy on 'alien turn' image definetly likes it too.

Late game is getting much more easier whatever u do. It's not about ai it's about the stats of aliens and mostly about us. Even plasma weapons are powerful. . So aliens will die horribly against your heavy armors and weapons. I think alien should have more survival with more resistances..

I don't like big aoe weapons. Explosives and rockets are ok but other ones kills the tactical aspect..

Late game is getting much more easier whatever u do. It's not about ai it's about the stats of aliens and mostly about us. Even plasma weapons are powerful. . So aliens will die horribly against your heavy armors and weapons. I think alien should have more survival with more resistances..

I don't like big aoe weapons. Explosives and rockets are ok but other ones kills the tactical aspect..

The late game is balanced in other terms, the aliens advance heavly in Macro and Micro lose some significancy. This is part of the mod, even with that Late Tier 3+ game has some heavy encounters that can crush all your elite Xenonauts platoon. I suggest play in veteran.

:)

so the tooltips were really starting to bug me so i decided to change them myself, but the strings.xml seams to be used for something else in the mod folder , how would i go about updating(adding) tooltips

EDIT

i figured out where do modify the tooltips and how to add it for the missing ones

do i have permision to post the updated tooltips when im done ?

Edited by fall19

@drages

Thanks it seemed to have worked I have yet to find another one to keep checking things. It juts worked, tactical combat ended and I was just happy not to see that damn thing again.

@UristMcKerman

What? AI on my games are technically a build between snipers, grunts and regenerative bastards who love to lob grenades from nowhere and fu** my team up, that or they keep opening and closing the damn UFO main door scoring hits and getting into cover, and of course... last but not least, the damn gun which name I still don't know that shoots bright yellowish stars and hit you 40 tiles away -_-

I'm enjoying this mod, though I have to admit I have to buff the the Dual cal 50.'s on the Hunter, I find it ridiculous that infantry with the Kohrang (minigun) could out fire/out damage it and have better penetration. Other than that I like the changes.

@Fran I believe the the weapon you talking about is the annihilation phaser/gun - I have to admit even I find the weapon irritating as it can suppress a group of xenonauts rather easily at the most insane ranges.