Gifty

Howdy! Big fan of the game, and also of the soundtrack. Coming up on a hundred hours, I thought it would be nice if there were more tracks in the mix to prevent frequent looping, so I set about to make some entirely new ones that could play alongside (and hopefully match the quality of) the originals. This is what I came up with, and I'm fairly proud of it!

>> CLICK ME! DO IT! <<

This pack includes two new Geoscape songs, and three new daytime combat songs. Simply extract into your assets folder and voila.

Edited by Gifty

That's pretty damn impressive work there! Thanks.

While I simply love the new ground combat music, I ended up not using the geoscape ones though. Something about those just doesn't sound right for me. I think they might have too high tempo and also too clear and high pitched sounds... uh - this is hard as I know nothing about composing or theory behind music... but what I kinda try to say is, they are fine, but would like them to be more toned down, with slower tempo and more ambient to match the geoscape's mood and vanilla tracks better.

Still, I salute you! You are clearly very talented composer.

Also, if you take requests... you would make me very happy with original UFO GC soundtrack styled ambient music. :)

Edited by Skitso

While I simply love the new ground combat music, I ended up not using the geoscape ones though. Something about those just doesn't sound right for me. I think they might have too high tempo and also too clear and high pitched sounds... uh - this is hard as I know nothing about composing or theory behind music... but what I kinda try to say is, they are fine, but would like them to be more toned down, with slower tempo and more ambient to match the games mood and vanilla tracks better.

I was about to write the same, so I second that.

• 3 weeks later...