[V9.1] Ground Combat - Sebillian reaction fire hang

Reaction fire from Sebillian has caused the game to hang twice so far, this are the only times reaction fire has occurred.

I also had a hang on the alien turn when a Sebillian was on screen.

It looked like it was armed with an alien pistol and hung when it tried to fire but I have been unable to reproduce this.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

The two could be related so I put them together.

I think this is related to the Ceasan Freeze from 9.0, at least a Similar Fix may apply. I had the Hang on 9.0 and found in the Sebellain Soldier, under the rifle, in the spectre.xml file, the links ot the graphics were calling to the wrong folder. One the download completes in the next hour, I'll let you know more. But I Fixed that file on my 9.0 and it seemed to work, but I never got a chance to fully test it out.

Me too. It even does it when he's dead. I shot him last turn with a rocket and the alien pop up went away. When I ended turn my screen was stuck on this> I could still hear music but count' move the camera or click on anything.

Sebs takes a nap..jpg

Sebs takes a nap..jpg

577e7c87a7417_Sebstakesanap..jpg.dc3807d

This has happened to me also - just like peren. I heard music but no buttons responded, I couldn't even use escape to bring up the menu, and when I reentered the game after shutting it down I was unable to land at that crash site again. Instead my Chinook just hovered over the spot on the geoscape like it was landed there but I couldn't interact with it. After a bit the UFO crashed icon disappeared and my Chinook flew it's merry way back to base.

same here. Game freezes on reaction fire from Sebillian (doesn't shoot) and also on alien turn after the Sebillian did spin round (btw. not in my soldiers direction, just having fun spinning in circles).

Happened to me as well. Sebillian reaction fire (I assume), freeze game, Sebillian spin-round...not necessarily in that order. :)

Me too. It even does it when he's dead. I shot him last turn with a rocket and the alien pop up went away. When I ended turn my screen was stuck on this> I could still hear music but count' move the camera or click on anything.

I killed my Sebillian in the exact same spot. Sebillian scouters don't seem to be moving(?). Same thing about the music...

I had this happen with one in a building killed with a Hunter's Rocket. During the aliens turn i was hung up but there wasn't even an alien alive there to reaction fire.

[Edit:]

I'm 99.9% positive it was a dead alien that caused this. After being shot with a rocket the Alien Icon you can click on to center on the alien was gone. However the camera centered exactly on the dead aliens original area.

Edited by xPDxTV

Me too.. Not certain if reaction fire was the issue though. I had just killed the only visible Sebillian near the crashed UFO with the Hunter, moved a few spaces, and it hung. I did not see any message about reaction fire that I remember, nor do I believe there was another alien visible at the time.

I may have found something the vehicle_spectre.xml files. Mind you, NO idea whether this will amount to a hill of beans..

Both the one in assets\units\xenovehicles\archangel\ferret\Ferret_rocket and \xenonauts\assets\units\xenovehicles\archangel\ferret\Ferret_50cal

may be referencing incorrect folders for the animations.

I see references to units/xenovehicles/ferret/Ferret, when the correct folder should be units/xenovehicles/Archangel/ferret/Ferret, at least based on the directory structure I see. I don't know if this will make any difference though.

My Earlier Post Hinted at the Soldier Spectre FIle for one of the Sebellians. Turns out under the Soldier File, under Plasma Rifle, it refers to Guard, not soldier.

SO In this Folder: \xenonauts\assets\units\alien\sebillian\soldier\weapon.alienPLasmaRifle

Find this File: soldier_spectre.xml

Ex: Reads Now under

<anim src="units/alien/sebillian/guard/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle

I Think is should be

<anim src="units/alien/sebillian/soldier/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle

I Changed it in Mine, and I will attempt to see if its a Fix. If so Its a Duplicate of what happened in 9.0 with the Casean's

This was similar to the issue in the Prior build with the ceasan's

I see references to units/xenovehicles/ferret/Ferret, when the correct folder should be units/xenovehicles/Archangel/ferret/Ferret, at least based on the directory structure I see. I don't know if this will make any difference though.

I would have thought that would only cause an issue if you had taken along an Archangel, which is not yet in the game (as far as I know).

It is probably set that way so the Archangel could be tested before the artwork is in place.

I see a lot of people in here killed a Sebillian with a rocket before the crash.

This looks like two separate bugs here.

One looks like a reaction fire hang and the other occurs after the enemy is dead.

Unless you were getting a reaction fire from an enemy you could not see of course.

My Earlier Post Hinted at the Soldier Spectre FIle for one of the Sebellians. Turns out under the Soldier File, under Plasma Rifle, it refers to Guard, not soldier.

SO In this Folder: \xenonauts\assets\units\alien\sebillian\soldier\weapon.alienPLasmaRifle

Find this File: soldier_spectre.xml

Ex: Reads Now under

<anim src="units/alien/sebillian/guard/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle

I Think is should be

<anim src="units/alien/sebillian/soldier/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle

Nutbarz, I added this change but I still had a lockup on the Sebillian reaction fire, specifically when one of my guys shot him, hit him, then he turned to shoot my guy. The "Reaction Fire" display appeared, then...lock up. It was the same Sebillian (the one on the small scout map that seems to always be at the rear of the craft, not moving...just spinning in place and taking pot shots at my guys).

I guess he really IS guarding the craft. ;)

Nutbarz, I added this change but I still had a lockup on the Sebillian reaction fire, specifically when one of my guys shot him, hit him, then he turned to shoot my guy. The "Reaction Fire" display appeared, then...lock up. It was the same Sebillian (the one on the small scout map that seems to always be at the rear of the craft, not moving...just spinning in place and taking pot shots at my guys).

I guess he really IS guarding the craft. ;)

well it was worth a shot..