Quick Progression Question, Androns in Nov?

RavenX

Started up a new game, I'm on month 3 (November) on Easy, and I'm already hitting Androns in Corvettes. I wouldn't ask if this was normal or not for the 1.9 build on easy mode, but I wanted to try something new this game and I've streamlined my research going straight for the Shrike Dropship. I haven't even researched lasers yet nor better armor. What I have done is built 4 bases, but only two of them have fighters to launch, the other 2 are nothing but radar stations to fill in gaps and I have basically all of North and South America, Europe and Africa covered with radar.

Yes Corvettes come in November. Honestly on a higher difficulty you'd be kinda boned, seeing as your air game seems pretty far behind. You're also going to be taking lots of losses in ground combat facing the Androns and higher tier Sebs. Easy gives you lots of room to make mistakes and experiment.

Indeed, some good info, appreciated. With the coverage and number of aircraft it's not so much I'm behind my air game, except for armaments, but I'm building corsairs and have my shrike. It's mostly facing the androns and light drones and not having the armor or firepower to face them en-mass. Haven't done too bad though. Lost a couple noob recruits, but then again being only in November almost all of my troops are noobs. Also I haven't really played very far in the last two builds nor kept up around here on the forums to see the balance changes.

I just hit December and am starting weapon production and getting some decent arms research so it should go ok from here (I think) as long as I chill on the base expansion for a month and crank out some new fighters. We'll see how it goes :) .