Adding aliens to downed UFOs

endersblade

IN UFOContents, all the .xml files list out the aliens that are in there. Example:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="13.5">   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Caesan_Guard_Aggressive</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>  </Row>

Every two cell data lines are the min/max number of aliens on missions. Is it just as simple as increasing and decreasing these numbers to add or remove aliens per ship? Like, if I change the first two to 100/100, the next research mission will have 100 of these aliens in it? (an extreme, just an example). Or are there other files I need to change?

Edit: Yes, I saw the sticky (that's how I knew to go to these files), and yes, I know one of the first question on there was about this exact thing. But as also mentioned in that thread, Weapons_gc and Weapons both similarly need to be updated when you modify certain things, and I'm just trying to find out if UFOContents is the only area of files I need to change per ship.

That, and having a thread here might help others more easily find this info :-P

Edited by endersblade

Quick tip: If you're using XCE (which is looks like from the file structure), the ufoceontents files will be restructured in the next XCE build (which Solver suggested to me yesterday might be very soon). You might be better of waiting rather than vaing to redo your work.

Also, as well as changing the numbers you can also add in additional alien races/ranks to the lists.