[X:CE]Xenonauts Assault Vehicles Expansion Pack v0.3

LordJulian

Oh before that, stating credits for the work done here.

LordJulian: Artist mental nuthead and Team lead

Kabill: Tough Guy Coder and Troubleshooting

SkaianDestiny: Xenopedia love-story Writer and Troubleshooting

v0.4Release: Vanguard Hunter Strikes

DragoonAim.jpg

"If there’s a sterling side to the invasion it’s that it makes the unfeasible feasible." - Chief Weapons Officer

Install Instructions:

1.Upload the mod using the modding tools of the Xenonauts Launcher

Release:

V0.3- (TM-80) VH-4 Rhino SPG

V0.4- (M50) VH-2 Dragoon Assault Tank

Future releases:

-3 tanks

-updated vehicle stats and tweaks

-A new face in the Xenopedia ego-bashing fiesta

Welcome to the Vehicle Expansion Pack, if you're looking for something more diverse in your tank battalion tactics, then you've come to the right place. At v0.4, the Dragoon has been added into the Xenonauts arsenal. Have fun, and be sure to give some feedback on what you think!

Any imbalance or coding/graphical errors, or suggestions for new vehicles please refer to the below:

For discussions, suggestions and feedback look no further here

Xenonauts Assault Vehicles Expansion Pack

Bugs, hints and missing things:

- The % tohit is 0%, that is actually a limitation of the engine, but it will definitely hit the intended target

- The Rhino Tank's Alenium Cannon can only hold 8 rounds, but the Ground Combat does not show the ammo count

- The Rhino Cannon is used like a grenade launcher, so don't be surprised if you get hit yourself. Use the tank in open spaces and make sure there aren't any obstructions around.

- As a artillery weapon, you can fire over obstacles, BUT not over buildings.

- There is no muzzle flash when the cannon is fired. It is something I have to figure that out.

- The Dragoon tank has no rocket projectile, for now, it will be fixed in the next version

F.A.Q

When is the Dragoon going to appear in the game?

After the Hunter is researched, you have the opportunity to research the Dragoon.

When is the Rhino going to appear in the game?

After the Scimitar is researched, you have the opportunity to research the Rhino.

Fellow community Modders:

If you wish to use this mod, please do leave a pm for me first. Don't worry, I won't bite. :)

Enjoy your Xenocidical fun!

xavep.zip

DragoonAim.jpg

xavep.zip

DragoonAim.jpg.532557e999129f27c4449deba

xavep.zip

Edited by LordJulian

When I download this file, it is a .php??? When I try to use the mod tools, it looks for a .zip????

Changed extension to .zip and it sees it. But now error "check programs permissions"???

"unable to write assets/mods"

Hmm, the file is in a .zip format, did you save the file as zip when you clicked on the link?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

If I tried this together with Kabill´s Armoured Assault Mod, wouldn´t the modded and more sturdy Scimitar tank be too similar to the Dragoon tank? I hope although this mod was intended to be used with the X:CE edition, my vanilla 1.5(+) version still would run both mods without blocking each other.

Second question: Since this mod seems to be not actively developed any more, could Kabill maybe integrate it into his next version of Armored Assault? Is LordJulian still around?

I wish I could help in that regard somehow, but want to finish programing my own game project first. Maybe after release there is more time for me to delve into Xenonauts modding.

LordJulian stopped xenonauts modding for his own reasons. I got permission to use his models from him. I used his dragoon at my mod. I would use rhino too as an artillery but sadly the game code changed and didnt let me use that kind of weapon. I am waiting CE codders to handle it when they got free time..

You can check my mod for more details.