Alien suppression too powerful?

Ok, I don't understand this silliness. Alien fires plasma rifle, misses on a tile where my soldier is located. He and his buddies are suppressed (after 1 shot). Alien fires 1 shot from precision plasma on my Predator soldier. He gets suppressed.

Now my turn. I fire that deadly plasma caster. 5 shots hits for example Wraith Soldier - not suppressed. WTH!! Why is my gun that should be suppressing aliens not working, while aliens need 1 shot to suppress my soldiers. Why soldiers in Predator armour can be suppressed. If that armour should resemble human tank, he should not fear 1 tiny little plasma bolt.

Armour is factored into suppression after armour mitigation is deducted. A precision plasma rifle has an armour mitigation of... let's see now... ah, here we are. 99. So a solider in Predator armour should absolutely fear one tiny little plasma bolt when the armour doesn't do a thing to protect him from it.

All aliens have a suppression multiplier value, which is used to calculate the final suppression score after the "raw" suppression value has been calculated. For Wraiths, that suppression value is.. let's see now.. 1.0, so there's no effect. Androns have a suppression multiplier of 0.0, so suppression can never have an effect. Sebillians have a suppression multiplier of 0.5, so suppression has half effect. The suppression value of a plasma caster is 150, so without the debugger active, I can't see why it wouldn't work, because in the case you state, it should.

Suppression is still based on the range of the weapon as far as I know so there are definitely situations where an alien plasma rifle with its range of 30 could cause suppression but returning fire with a 25 range plasma caster would be unable to suppress. Using squad sight to fire from a protected rear position after a scout has been suppressed for example.

A lot depends on the positioning of your troops, as well as their morale and how many turns they have been fighting the enemy. A single Alien Plasma Rifle shot has a suppression value of 25 and a radius of 1 so the situations where multiple soldiers are getting suppressed by a single plasma rifle shot should be quite rare, if it is even possible at all. Remember that suppression carries over turns so if you have been shot at recently your troops may not have fully recovered while a fresh enemy may take several shots before they reach the same level of suppression.

No it's something like. First alien encounter, he shoots, misses and the soldier gets suppressed immediately. On the other hand I sometimes fire at alien till he dies and doesn't get suppressed. Being out of visual range might be the cause, but those sudden burst of fire should even be more suppressing to unaware target. It's like "Woah, where did that came from?"

Maybe your soldier is a coward. Did you saw his "Bravery statistic"?

I asked for supression and according to what I was told, baravery stat is the key.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11871-How-works-suppression-%28mechanics%29

I also have been shooted from all the weapons and never had a first shot supressed guy.

Note: I yes had first shoted supressed soldier but only happened when he received burst fire.