Destroy walls, doors, heges, etc

I noticed that shooting is a very bad idea (need tons of ammo), and grenades are not much better and C4 is no so demolition tool as we can guess... So my advice is: "Use your tank". If you use not to play with tank you could have a "Rocketer" soldier.

But the tank for me is the best option. A tactic of scout and destroy obstacles with tank is fantastic when you have one or two high accuracy snipers.

There are several ways. If you wanted to do it "properly", each prop has an HP and an armour score. You can adjust each props HP how you please it. But that's a lot of work - even if you're using a tool like notepad++. Incendiary damage does 4x damage to props (or at least it's supposed to). You can either add incendiary damage to weapons, or jack the 4x multiplier up. Increasing the 4x multipler is probably the easiest, so open config.xml in xenonauts /assets/ directory, and look for this line:

<IncendiaryDamageBonusMul>4</IncendiaryDamageBonusMul>

Change the 4 to any number you like. Boost the incendiary multipler as high as you like, and demolition tools should become far more potent without having to alter anything else.