Modding Maintenance Costs

MadMage

Interesting... I'd looked in the aircraft.xml file, but was unable to locate which line was maintenance costs. I'll take a closer look; much appreciated.

The aircraft maintenance costs being as much as the aircraft was to buy is just silly... much of the game's difficulty seems to come from artificial scarcity of funding. High up-front costs are fine, but the maintenance costs get so high that your income trickles to a halt even if you've got only three bases... that's just a terrible way to manage the difficulty level. Ground combat is only difficult because I can't spend anything on my troops' gear, so I'm fighting androns with ballistic weapons while trying to invest in radars and aircraft. *gripe*

A note on personnel - their maintenance cost is the same as their hiring cost and you can't separate the two.

Are you certain? Because when I look in the files I see that most Aircraft have a $100,000 maintenence/upkeep cost. Which seems independent of their purchase cost.

Unless I'm missing something.

@MadMage. You will want to look for the "upkeep" field. Its the 18th line (19th technically).

Are you certain? Because when I look in the files I see that most Aircraft have a $100,000 maintenence/upkeep cost. Which seems independent of their purchase cost.

Unless I'm missing something.

Aircraft have separate maintenance costs, yes. But not personnel. (It's commented in gameconfig.xml)