Game Crash - Electroshock Grenade on Medium Drone, Terror Mission

Well, yeah as the Title says, my game keeps crashing when i throw an Electroshock Grenade on a Medium Drone on a terrormission. I've kept loading from the same Autosave and it keeps crashing right as the Grenade explodes on the drone. however, the crash doesn't happen when i throw the Electroshock Grenade on other enemy types (fx. i threw one on a pair of teleporting dudes in blue armour, no idea what they are called).

So yeah, i need some help ^^

I have it on Steam and it's Xenonauts Release 1.09 20/0.

Could there be a corrupt file or maybe some inexplicable bug hidden within my version??

Those are the Autosaves, not sure which one of them it is that's got the problem. it's the one where it loads up the start of a terror mission. I've got a scimitar Tank and 6 Xenonauts wearing Wolf Armour in a Charlie Transporter.

the heavy drone spawns due north past the big building to the 'left' of the Charlie (looked at from Cockpit POV). Throw an Electroshock Grenade at it and CRASH.

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Do you have the time to make a save with that situation directly, just before you can throw the grenade?

Okay i've been trying to do it 8 times now, and the desired outcome (with me getting into a good position to throw that grenade just won't happen. either my team dies from Berserking team members, or something else goes wrong... so no, i cannot get such a save right now and im about to keel over from exhaustion. sorry. :(

Never mind, no longer necessary. I chased the drone down, the bastard kept running, and one electroshock grenade worked fine. Then I threw a second and it crashed, so now I can investigate this.

Ahh good, i guess killing one with the Electroshock Grenade was the problem ^^

It very much could be but is probably not the same, as that one has been fixed.

Wanna give this a try? I reran the game in debug mode to be able to see the details, and now of course I failed 5 times in a row to reproduce it. Throwing a grenade at the drone here with that bleeding soldier closest to the drone did the trick once, but not anymore.

ctd2.sav

ctd2.sav

ctd2.sav

Has it? Didn't realise that.

Gave the save about 10 tries and couldn't call a CTD once. Was trying to throw the grenade to different places to in case that mattered. This was with X:CE 0.27 though, in case there's a chance this would make a difference.

I did note, though, that one of the lamp posts seems to be set as collapsible (as it leaves a wood-pile behind). Might be nothing, but thought it was worth pointing out.

Wanna give this a try? I reran the game in debug mode to be able to see the details, and now of course I failed 5 times in a row to reproduce it. Throwing a grenade at the drone here with that bleeding soldier closest to the drone did the trick once, but not anymore.

I can't right now, but here's a question: i blasted part of a building with the plasma blaster on the Tank and suddenly there was only rubble all over where the building was. is this supposed to happen when enough support structure is lost??

Gave the save about 10 tries and couldn't call a CTD once. Was trying to throw the grenade to different places to in case that mattered. This was with X:CE 0.27 though, in case there's a chance this would make a difference.

Yeah, same. I got that CTD only once, from that exact save, and also with X:CE 0.27, but it's not easy to reproduce.

I can't right now, but here's a question: i blasted part of a building with the plasma blaster on the Tank and suddenly there was only rubble all over where the building was. is this supposed to happen when enough support structure is lost??

Yes, certainly. If large enough parts of a building get destroyed, it will collapse with lethal consequences for the occupants. Nice feature.

Yeah, same. I got that CTD only once, from that exact save, and also with X:CE 0.27, but it's not easy to reproduce.

This is a really obvious question, but on the off chance you've not thought about it: did you get the crash first time and then not on reloads?

Just a few fences.

Also, I was just testing something else and the building collapse bug isn't fixed. So it still could be something to do with that. (In my last drone test there weren't any collapsible tiles in the drone blast radius).

Also also, just remembered that it was taking two 'nades to kill it. That could make a difference, I suppose (I presume the one in your save was weakened by something?)