Game Crash - Electroshock Grenade on Medium Drone, Terror Mission

Just a few fences.

Also, I was just testing something else and the building collapse bug isn't fixed. So it still could be something to do with that. (In my last drone test there weren't any collapsible tiles in the drone blast radius).

Also also, just remembered that it was taking two 'nades to kill it. That could make a difference, I suppose (I presume the one in your save was weakened by something?)

i have tried it twice in a row first: first time i shot at it under i took about... 100-ish health from it, then i grenaded it with the electroshock grenade and CRASH. did pretty much the same the following reload as well... but after that i haven't been able to reproduce the event by Grenading that Drone.... since either building collapses: no cover and all attempts to just run out to get a chance to 'Nade it ends with sniping from all over and death ^^

Really, the collapse bug isn't fixed? How do I trigger it then?

It seems to trigger if a unit is in a location that props that are destroyed would draw over if all the levels were showing. Trying to move the unit after the collapse has happened triggers it. So, normally, if you have a unit N or E side of a building. Although I first triggered it just before with a unit to the south of a building, so clearly there's something else going on. Actually, thinking about it it could imply be if there's a unit on the same submap as the destroyed things maybe. It's fairly easy to reproduce with a vehicle though.

All this said, I've been trying to trigger the crash by placing units as close as a I can to the drone you had causing the crash and it still doesn't break it. So maybe it's something else. To check, though, when it crashed was the soldier in the same place, or had you moved them from there?

It seems to trigger if a unit is in a location that props that are destroyed would draw over if all the levels were showing. Trying to move the unit after the collapse has happened triggers it. So, normally, if you have a unit N or E side of a building. Although I first triggered it just before with a unit to the south of a building, so clearly there's something else going on. Actually, thinking about it it could imply be if there's a unit on the same submap as the destroyed things maybe. It's fairly easy to reproduce with a vehicle though.

All this said, I've been trying to trigger the crash by placing units as close as a I can to the drone you had causing the crash and it still doesn't break it. So maybe it's something else. To check, though, when it crashed was the soldier in the same place, or had you moved them from there?

First time was on the opposite side of the building in question, throwing the 'Nade through two broken windows,

Second time was from within the building itself, that middle desk where a Caesan hides behind.

Fair enough, seems like the collapsible building thing is a red herring.

Given that it's happening irregularly, my only other thought is that it's related to the damage amount. Since that's randomised, it could offer an explanation for why it doesn't happen all the time. Or its related to grenade position/scatter, but I tried quite a few different positions and it didn't make any difference.

No, when I got the crash, I was playing with some debugging information enabled. The crash was caused by the explosion checking for something to do with destructables. Then I reloaded with full debug info and haven't had the crash since. But I did see the crash being related to destruction, and directly occurring from the grenade's (not drone's) explosion.

No, when I got the crash, I was playing with some debugging information enabled. The crash was caused by the explosion checking for something to do with destructables. Then I reloaded with full debug info and haven't had the crash since. But I did see the crash being related to destruction, and directly occurring from the grenade's (not drone's) explosion.

this is visually true i think, since the grenade explodes and the crash happens before the drone shows as taking any damage or explodes as well.

Ugh, mystery bug is mysterious.

For what it's worth, I've just tried another 10 or so times on that save and still nothing. I even tried shooting the collapsing lamp post first and then electro-shocking the drone to see if that would cause a crash, but still nothing.

No more news. I tried about 10 times in total, no crash after the first time. Same with kabill. I am pretty sure the bug is therefore caused by state that is not persisted, and playing again from the start of the mission you may not encounter it again. Or anyway, saving before you kill the drone and then reloading if it crashed fixes the issue.

No more news. I tried about 10 times in total, no crash after the first time. Same with kabill. I am pretty sure the bug is therefore caused by state that is not persisted, and playing again from the start of the mission you may not encounter it again. Or anyway, saving before you kill the drone and then reloading if it crashed fixes the issue.

Great, will try that then ^^