v 1.09 update lost my saves

Hi, I've not played for a few weeks (possibly two months) and the recent update seems to have invalidated my old save games.

They No longer show up in the load menu but are still present in the windows directory.

I've tried all three beta options - nothing works. Anyone found this?

Yeah, I suspect you were playing a game from before the final release version (V1.0), which happens a bit over two months ago. The previous stable build before that (V22) is nearly five months old now and I'm afraid we can't support them indefinitely, sorry.

Yeah, I suspect you were playing a game from before the final release version (V1.0), which happens a bit over two months ago. The previous stable build before that (V22) is nearly five months old now and I'm afraid we can't support them indefinitely, sorry.

Hi, no this was definitively post release as I lost my beta saves on release - I can send the files if you want.

If you attach the saves, I will look at them.

Saves haven't been broken since 1.0 on the 31st of May, and saves from the last week or two of May also functioned fine. So any save from the last 3 months, certainly after the game's official launch, should still be good.

If you attach the saves, I will look at them.

Saves haven't been broken since 1.0 on the 31st of May, and saves from the last week or two of May also functioned fine. So any save from the last 3 months, certainly after the game's official launch, should still be good.

Cheers, last autosave was 14 July, I was up-to-date in versions at the time. Selection of saves attached.

To be clear - the issue is that the latest version [1.09] on my machine doesn't seem to detect them.

I've tried the obvious stuff [cycling between community, beta and normal; restarting, checking my save location is in the right place etc.] - seems a bit of an oddity.

Interestingly, the last modified dates seem different to how they should be given the way I handle saves. - Edit - actually not when sorting them by date.

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

death.sav

fight.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

death.sav

fight.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

death.sav

fight.sav

Edited by Sebtal

That is very odd - perhaps I was still in legacy compatability mode? Would that have done it? Pretty sure I was up-to-date as I remember upgrading to release, noticing losing my old saves, enabling legacy to use them for a bit, and then deciding to start a fresh game in late June (this game).

I must have been on V1.0 something in July - it's set to auto-update.

Either way - is there a fix here? I've only got time for fairly casual gaming and starting again from scratch would be literally weeks of real-time gameplay to grind through back to this point.

My best guess would be that you were somehow using an older legacy build at the time, yes. I obviously can't tell what was going on with you 6 weeks ago, and I think legacy builds were not even supposed to be available at that point, but the save most definitely claims to be from an earlier version and has some wrong information inside.

I messed around with a hex editor and got your save to load, can't promise that it's entirely correct, of course. But from this save, you do seem to have three bases, some planes in the air, and I was also able to start a mission against that landed UFO in Africa.

Install 0.27 of Community Edition (from the Steam branch preferrably) and you should be able to load this save.

restored.sav

restored.sav

restored.sav