[V1.09] Pulse-Fire Rifle (V1.0)

Xenonaunt

What does this mod do?

This mod adds a weapon to the game, the Pulse-Fire Rifle.

pulsefirerifle.jpg

About the weapon:

Harnessing new technologies, the rifle fires erratic pulse charges of plasma that causes substantial stun and EMP damage, but lacks any killing-power. This weapon will prove useful against both biological and mechanical beings in any ranged encounter. Though the Pulse-Fire Rifle has a large range and combat effectiveness, the weapon is extremely heavy and its power cells are large. It also takes considerable TUs to fire and reload, as well as dealing abysmal physical damage.

Recently added 4 new weapons that are unlockable through their own research tree (researches are currently available after Laser Weaponry). The weapons are: Nerve Blaster, Nerve Rifle, EMP Blaster, and EMP Rifle. The 'Nerve' portion is effective at stunning organics and the 'EMP' portion is effective against robotic units. Blasters are short ranged, rifles are long ranged.

If used in conjunction with certain stun equipment, these weapons will prove invaluable to capture new alien test subjects!

Click to download:

Click here: [ATTACH]5443[/ATTACH]

Just download the file, save it to your mods folder, and load it via the in-launch menu. The mod should then be loaded into your game!

Future plans for this mod:

-Further balancing of components and researches

-Blaster images/refining of other images

-Better/more defining lore

I hope to be updating this mod regularly as it becomes more balanced and as I add more content!

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated!

pulsefirerifle.jpg

Pulse-Fire_Rifle;XenonautMod.zip

pulsefirerifle.jpg.e29a6438b03dba29c37a0

Pulse-Fire_Rifle;XenonautMod.zip

Edited by Xenonaunt
  • Like 1

Did you mean abysmal or does this weapon do some kind of fire and brimstone from hell damage type? Because that would also be super awesome, but I'm guessing the former.

Geez, I wish it did that. Maybe it should engulf the area in fire or open up a hell-rift! But if that happened we would have a whole new threat to fight against! Thanks for catching that error! ^-^

...how do you download the mod? When I click on the "how to download" link I get an "Invalid Attachment specified" error.

I don't exactly know what happened, but I just re-uploaded the mod with an updated version so it should be working now! Let me know if you run into any issues.

So I've been wanting to try this out, but I can't get it to work. So, to check I'm not being an idiot, it should unlock after researching the Alien Invasion, yes?

*edit* - ok, so I've managed to get it to actually kind of work now, but I keep getting errors whenever I run the game (using -modinfo) for the merge of the ammo.xml and items.xml files.

Edited by Axisoflint

So I've been wanting to try this out, but I can't get it to work. So, to check I'm not being an idiot, it should unlock after researching the Alien Invasion, yes?

*edit* - ok, so I've managed to get it to actually kind of work now, but I keep getting errors whenever I run the game (using -modinfo) for the merge of the ammo.xml and items.xml files.

:-/ I might have a type-error somewhere in there, though it was working fine when I tested it. I'll find the issue and fix it right away! I have a fair amount of time tomorrow so I will dive right into and try to have it up and working by tomorrow evening!

*edit* Just took a peak inside the ammo.xml and found what could be causing the issue. There was a mislabeled ammo, so it should (hopefully) be working fine now! Let me know if the trouble persists!

Edited by Xenonaunt

:-/ I might have a type-error somewhere in there, though it was working fine when I tested it. I'll find the issue and fix it right away! I have a fair amount of time tomorrow so I will dive right into and try to have it up and working by tomorrow evening!

*edit* Just took a peak inside the ammo.xml and found what could be causing the issue. There was a mislabeled ammo, so it should (hopefully) be working fine now! Let me know if the trouble persists!

I'm still getting failures for ammo and items =/ Sorry! I bumped up the research to unlock after the Alien Invasion (since the mod defines it as after research Laser Weaponary, which seems perfectly sensible) - but when I do, it researches fine, but the manafacture lists it as a line of hashtags and no item appears in the list of equipment for soldiers on the equip screen.

I'm still getting failures for ammo and items =/ Sorry! I bumped up the research to unlock after the Alien Invasion (since the mod defines it as after research Laser Weaponary, which seems perfectly sensible) - but when I do, it researches fine, but the manafacture lists it as a line of hashtags and no item appears in the list of equipment for soldiers on the equip screen.

Okay, I'll jump back in there. It's most likely either a stupid typo I made or a flaw in my logic! Whatever it may be I will fix it!