Terror Missions

McGib

Only about 2 months game time in and I have my first terror mission. Unfortunately my veteran crew are out of reach and I have only my rookie squad that can get to the site in time. This group is made up of mostly privates with no body armor and ballistic weapons only. I am camping my team around the helicopter waiting for the aliens to come to me, but it only takes a few turns before my soldiers start to fall.

So that leads me to my question, can I skip the terror mission and recover the lost income and reputation later or could this ruin my game. BTW the mission takes place in the US.

The mission description says that you should try and protect the civilians but doesn't actually say you get a bonus for that.

On terror missions the best way to protect the civvies is to shoot them dead. So the reapers can't zombify them.

If my mission is to save you, and your mission is to eat my brainzz, we will never be good friends.

Edited by BULIGO

On terror missions the best way to protect the civvies is to shoot them dead. So the reapers can't zombify them.

If my mission is to save you, and your mission is to eat my brainzz, we will never be good friends.

So you kill them all out a misguided sense of mercy rather than try to save a few. Good to know, I'll be sure to keep my head down if you ever come to my town to save me!

So you kill them all out a misguided sense of mercy rather than try to save a few. Good to know, I'll be sure to keep my head down if you ever come to my town to save me!

What about airstriking the downed UFO? In all urban 'industrial' areas they 'crash' right in the middle of all those buildings. Now we airstrike it.With smart bombs. No collateral damage.Yeah, sure 50 years ago.

I personally hate Sebillian lead Terror Missions. It becomes a nightmare of 4 Reapers to the South, one Warrior shrugging off rockets and laser fire and two other Warriors marching on your dropship.

Pretty cool nonetheless. I think it would be interesting to see a image of a Nuclear Explosion ontop of a city if you fail, just to further drive home your failure.