Varying the Vehicle Size

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The code is definitely not hardcoded to use 3x3, from what I've seen it generally uses width of the vehicle (although it of course may be broken somewhere). If you actually describe what the problems are, maybe somebody will feel like having a look at it.

A walking mech would be super cool. This game needs huge 3x3 aliens or enemies to create more horror.. at UFO and TFTD there were very big part of horror.. at least i feel it every time i see them :).. but we need a 3D maya animator who dedicated his like to this games.. not so hard for an animator..

I think 3x3 is perfect fit.. 2x2 would be so little.. 1x1 can be for scout vehicle.. as i read before ppl could make 1x1 but cant 2x2.. but it was always buggy.. but the question is, do we need them? maybe a 1x1 scout as i said.. for other things i would be have 3x3..

Having experimented with 2x2 vehicles, I can state 2 issues I discovered:

1) The need for a smaller movement/selection cursor to reflect the size of the vehicle. Making an appropriately sized cursor isn't difficult. Is making the .exe recognise the appropriate vehicle size and apply the correct cursor as easy?

2) The need for the dropship screen to recognise a size other than a 3x3 square. What happens at the moment is if you have a smaller vehicle the game will put the vehicle icon in the dropship wherever it feels like it should. If you try and move it around the game crashes.

I have a sample 2x2 Square Of Doom at home - when I get home I'll provide a link so people can see a non 3x3 vehicle.

EDIT: Turns out I wrote the square of doom for pre CE Xenonauts. I'm going to have to prune all the crap out before I can post it.

Edited by Max_Caine