Accuracy Modding for Long Range Combat - Need Aliens to Miss more.

Akavit

First of all, I'm playing with the XNT mod at the moment in case it makes any difference for modding purposes.

I've increased the viewing distance for all units and the AI trigger range in order to get long range combat in my game. This part has worked nicely.

The second thing I'm trying to do is increase ammo consumption by decreasing accuracy. I'd like the long range combat to result in a lot of missed shots and collateral damage. Long range shooting is more about controlling the battlefield than making kills whereas quick kills happen at shorter range. This is working out fine for my soldiers as only snipers get more than 15% hit chance at the longer ranges.

The problem is that I've gone through aiprops.xml and lowered all alien accuracy attributes by 20 points plus kept dropping AlienAccuracyModifier in weapons_gc.xml until it's now down to .1. No matter what changes I make almost every alien shot is connecting with my soldiers from max range unless they have pistols. Am I missing some settings that are overriding my changes or are the settings I altered the wrong ones to adjust?