How does soldier's stats improvement work. (game mechanics).

I want to know how it works.

In the original X-Com, every stat had a random formula to decide if it grows and how much grows. But some events did more likely to happen, for example every shoot that hits in alien added one point to base number for the random calculation of accuracy's improvement (the more hits a soldier got, more likely was to improve accuracy). And similar to others, doing successful throws did more likely throwing improvement, resisting psionic do more likely to increase psionic strength, trigering reaction for reflexes, etc...

How does it work in Xenonauts.

Thanks for answers.

Tus: Using TUs (possibly only moving counts). Maximum of +2/mission for moving 500 TUs of tiles.

Str: Moving X (can't remember exactly) distance with a soldier carrying at least 80% of their maximum load. Max +1/mission

Accuracy: Take X (not many) shots at a unit within 1.5x the weapon's effective range. Max +1/mission

Reflexes: Take a reaction shot (maybe more than one?). Max +1/mission

HP: Gain 5 stat boosts. Max +1/mission

Bravery: Fail a panic roll. Max +1/mission.

The promotion to corporal gets bonus points, I'm not sure of the numbers.

Reflexes are boosted by making reflex checks whether they fire or not.

No wonder I couldn't replicate the event. Anyway, that guy ended up being a mean mofo, killing bad guys left'n right with his machinegun of doom. Some incredible reaction bursts that saved the day too.