Game Crashing 1.08 with Mod

aajs

Hope somebody can help.

I am running version 1.8 and my Xenonauts choices mod part 2 mod only (no other maps or mods)

Sometimes when I complete a ground combat mission I get the end mission screen showing the items recovered and promotions etc but when I click ok the game crashes.

Is this a general issue in 1.8 or is it my mod?

I have checked all the items recovered in the mission and I have successfully recovered them in other missions that dont crash so I do not think its anything in items.xml.

Has anybody any ideas on how I can find out what is causing the issue. there is a crash debug file created but I dont know how to interpret it.

Hey aajs,

I'm actually working on making a compatibility patch to use your mod with Xenophobia.

I have found some errors in your strings and manufactures XMLs. Such as "MantTech." instead of "ManTech." Also you have two duplicate entries for ManTech.drone and ManTech.Drone (upper and lower case D)...

I also think you left out a string for "ammo.plasma.alienplasmacell"...

Lastly, check your sounds_gc.xml, I was having a crash LOADING GC because there were duplicate entries for I think "Minigun".

You can try the xeno_debugger (search the forum for the download link) (I found it wasnt helpful, but maybe for you). Just launch it before you start the game and it'll output debug info that you can then either paste here or read..

Hey aajs,

I'm actually working on making a compatibility patch to use your mod with Xenophobia.

I have found some errors in your strings and manufactures XMLs. Such as "MantTech." instead of "ManTech." Also you have two duplicate entries for ManTech.drone and ManTech.Drone (upper and lower case D)...

Lastly, check your sounds_gc.xml, I was having a crash LOADING GC because there were duplicate entries for I think "Minigun".

You can try the xeno_debugger (search the forum for the download link) (I found it wasnt helpful, but maybe for you). Just launch it before you start the game and it'll output debug info that you can then either paste here or read..

Wow Thanks Slayerjerman,

I will go and check out those files right now. Can you kindly let me know any other issues you find so I can update. Thanks also for the debugger tip.

Oh and thanks for counting my Mod worthy enough to be included in Xenophobia.

Edited by aajs

Hey aajs,

I think the two mini gun entries are okay they are slightly different as I have two miniguns in my game.