Battleships

It's still happening. I deleted my assets folder, verified cache integrity, and even reloaded from before the ground mission.

Attached are two save files from two different missions, and a geoscape save. The crashed battleship is Crash Site 112 in Africa.

[ATTACH]5325[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5327[/ATTACH]

Is this happening to anyone else if they load the saves?

Battle1.sav

Battle2.sav

Mission Start.sav

Battle1.sav

Battle2.sav

Mission Start.sav

It looks whole until I cross the midline (I've always stumbled across it's right-hand side). After that it seems to lose it's upper-left half and aliens can shoot out of it.

Edit: It is possible that my troops have LOS through the door as they're flying over.

Edited by riT-k0MA

*spoiler alert*

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

I loaded your 'battle' save and wow, I had a lot of fun there. Worked perfectly, no graphical issues. In my game I am in FEB 1980 and no battleships yet (strike cruisers are the biggest for now). At start, I was unimpressed: the UFO ground floor is okay, then the first floor is...small, the second is..tiny. I was 'WTheck, is that all? boy this is so lame, the original X-COM game had massive battleships, multi storeys, intersecting corridors, you needed a hefty squad to clear it'. then finally I went to the top floor, it is .. like it should be, and found many aliens in it, all ready to pulverize my squad. I did win with 3 wounded and it was marvellous. Thanks for the save, I'm looking forward to attack battleships :)

Nice. Thanks for testing. Sorry for the spoilers.

Sure, no problem.

The game seems to have problems with displaying the various UFO layers. Sometimes I have a soldier inside the UFO, maybe one tile inside and still can't see the interior of the UFO (ground floor).

Played a little more last night. As soon as I lose LOS of the UFO then regain it, I get a full UFO again. As soon as someone gains LOS inside the UFO, I get the "Inside view". If I end the turn while not being inside the UFO, but having LOS inside the UFO, I get the botched view the next turn. Stepping inside the UFO resets it to "Inside view".

Should I report this as a bug?

Should I report this as a bug?

It probably should be reported for completeness, but I doubt it's something that will get fixed as it's actually very minor. Certainly, it doesn't have any gameplay effect since the hull images are just that - images - and all of the walls/floors/roofs of the UFOs are independent of that (i.e. just because you can't see the hull section doesn't mean there's no walls blocking LoS/LoF).

If that's the case it's a different issue to the display one (they might be related, but the display/non-display of the hull definitely won't be affecting the ability of aliens to shoot or not. Might be symptomatic of the same cause though). In any case, if there's other issues it's probably worth reporting.