UNSC Weapon Pack

Fucille

So after much fiddling and experimentation, I've finished the first mod I really sat down to try. This mod adds 15 new weapons utilized by the United Nations Space Command from the game series Halo, covering all the basic roles of Xenonauts equipment and then some. The weapons added by this mod are divided into two tiers, roughly balanced (but marginally better than) around the ballistic and laser technology levels respectively. The assets used are mainly from Halo Reach, but with a handful from Halo 3 or 4 where it seemed appropriate. I've done my best to try and model these weapons as close to their video game incarnations as possible while still preserving some semblance of fairness within vanilla Xenonauts.

As of right now, none of them use custom ammunition (basically because it's hard to find pictures of just their magazines) and they are all available from the beginning of the game so you can get right to playing around with them without researching. If anyone cares enough about this mod, I may do Covenant and Promethean weapon packs in future to fill the plasma and MAG tech trees, and then compile them into their own research list. Remember to extract the audio folder to your existing one in xenonauts/assets, and please tell me if there are any bugs. I've tested it pretty thoroughly on my end, but I have no idea how well I compressed it.

P.S. This mod uses projectile spectres from Lt_Parson's fantastic True Laser Beam mod. He did a really good job with them and I sure as hell couldn't do better. Go give it a look!

UNSC weapon pack.zip

UNSC weapon pack.zip

UNSC weapon pack.zip

Edited by Fucille

• 2 months later...

This actually looks like a pretty cool mod, I think after my first playthrough I might download it :D

Did you replace any of the grenades?

Oh, would you consider doing an armor replacement mod to go along with this? Maybe use the halo 1 fatigues for basic armor, or perhaps the normal armor from halo 2 for basic, maybe the ballistic armor from halo 1 for the Jackal armor, perhaps the ODST armor for the Wolf armor, and Spartan armor for Predator power armor? or something along those lines?

That'd actually be pretty cool, I'd play that, c:

It looks great, but IMHO the concept is a bit weak. Futuristic Halo weapons on a 70s setting might take out some of the immersion.

I'd be much more convinced if they were around the MAG level of technology, it would make more sense as they are so advanced.

EDIT: That said, they might be great additions to bigger mods that up the difficulty and could use a greater variety of end-game weapons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...