0.27 Testing Preview - LOS changes

llunak

Ok, thanks for the testing. I think I've fixed all the problems except for the minor issues in the FitH landingship, so I take it the new LOS system works well.

If other people can reproduce the SkipHiddenAnimations lockups, it'd be very useful if somebody could provide a way to reproduce it (as said above, endTurnAutosave in gameconfig.xml is hopefully helpful there, or it'll at least allow continuing after the problem occurs).

So, with Community Edition .27 I should be able to re-install Fire in the Hole and not be walking into a meat grinder where the aliens have two way mirrors that they can shoot through when I breach a landing ship?

Kind of. It's not 100% perfect in 0.27 (you can see, but it works a bit strangely), but llunank did some fixes last night which seem to have resolved the issue pretty much perfectly. So whenever they get rolled out, it'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to report a issue with LoS. Peeking through corner can reveal alien. When shooting soldier rotates, fires at the alien, but the refreshed LoS, shows that he couldn't see the alien.

I'm aware of that, but there's a problem that if it was possible to peek around the blocking prop in either direction (i.e. if it's only 1-tile-wide), the game would not know which side to use for peeking, and I don't consider it worth the effort to try to get LOS from two cells at once. So let me just hand-wave that with some kind of lame excuse, such as "the soldier shot and then hid behind the cover automatically, and so must be turned again to peek again".