[Vanilla 1.5x + Community Edition 0.31] The Lore+ Project

Max_Caine

I've had a look and got nothing. Researches.xml entry seems fine, as does the xenopedia one (no idea why that would have mattered but I checked anyway just in case). I thought it might be because there's an unused vanilla andron vivsection entry with time 0 but there isn't, so it can't be that.

So the only things I can think of are: 1) You're accidentally using another version of the mod/another version with a different value; or 2) there's a strange bug whereby unlocking an instant project and a project which requires time to complete with the same item at the same time causes them all to auto-complete (e.g. if the andron officer corpse is also unlocking andron disassembly the game might get confused and unlock them both automatically). That's a long-shot but I can't think of any other instance in vanilla or in a mod where a single item unlocks both an instant project and a researchable project at the same time so it's plausible. If it is the case, you could maybe work around it by making the andron vivsection require an officer coprse *and* andron disassembly, which will make no difference in game terms but might resolve the bug.

• 3 months later...

We are currently working on a German translation of this really valuable mod. I would like to translate the text on some of the images, but I am not sure if this is a legal task. If this is not forbidden, is there maybe a chance to get access to the images without English text on them.

https://github.com/Xenonauts/Loreplus_DE

Edited by PaulJay

You can translate it if you like, but there are no textless images. If you decide to alter the images, then you have to maintain consistency with the existing image.

Nice to hear this. I am going to edit the images and remove all the text - and finally create some kind of templates (e.g for inkscape) that can be used by other translators to translate the texts to any language they want. The only problem I see, there is currently no font available to be used in editors (xenonauts.mvec is not the right format).

I've noticed that a333 was working on xenonauts.mvec. Is it possible to get the fonts in other format than mvec to be able to write the text onto the images.

Now the empty images are ready and could be dowloaded at (these are just empty images at the moment):

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=146

Edited by PaulJay

While editing I have discovered a small inconsistency concerning fonts (see sebillian_noncom.jpeg):

inconsitency.jpg

I am glad to announce that I have finally finished the templates to simplify the translation process. I have now updated the archive file to contain SVG files/templates (in 'en' subdirectory) which include all the text and can be edited with 'INKSCAPE' Software. I have no idea, whether the SVG files will be rendered correctly when using any other software, so I would suggest the translators should use inkscape to edit and export the images.

NOTE: Before you start you NEED to install the Xenonauts_smb.ttf font (also included in the archive file), as it is required for the english text to be rendered properly. It can also be used to translate into most languages using latin letters, however it does not include all special characters used in various languages like German for instance)

In the directory 'en' you will find SVG templates The content in each of the SVG files is organized in two LAYERS both combined to create all the nice analysis images you know from the lore+ mod. The layers are as following:

• the first one containg/referencing the background image, called 'background' (I've locked it so you cannot accidentaly modify it. however it is always possible to unlock it if necessary.
  • the latter one containing all the text, which can be edited using text tool available on the left side. (or shortkey 'T' or 'F8')

Finally you can create PNG/JPG files from SVG using the 'export bitmap' function available in the menu bar above.

The SVG files also contain the fix for the problem I have mentioned above.

inconsitency.jpg

inconsitency.jpg.66343614cb35399b99d39a8

Edited by PaulJay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, for the download link, it keeps saying I'm downloading files too fast (even though this is literally the only thing I've tried to download) and I have to wait another minute. It only ever gives me this message, and I can't DL the mod at all.

Hey, for the download link, it keeps saying I'm downloading files too fast (even though this is literally the only thing I've tried to download) and I have to wait another minute. It only ever gives me this message, and I can't DL the mod at all.

What internet browser are you using?

I'm using firefox and I've gotten that message if I try to download two files at once.

• 7 months later...