Since deploying out of the narrow doors of a transport is one of the most vulnerable times in a mission, it would be cool to be able to research the ability to drop your troops into the battle... Whether this is by parachute, fast-roping from a helicopter, or more advanced transportation tech stolen from aliens (a la Star Trek transporters), I think this might add to the game...

One of the coolest bits in a game come after you know what you're doing and have a solid team, you can get a Galaxy transport fully loaded and fly over an enemy base, and as you pass over everyone hot-drops straight into the middle of the assault and opens up on the defenders.

I may be thinking of another game entirely...

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. I highly agree. Im glad there is a later-game address to this.

I pray this feature around the realm of having x amount of soliders 'move out' from the transport, then as more areas of the map are sited and explored, perhaps you may then drop in 'airbourne' - packing rapid-fire plasma blasters, anti-matter det-packs and light sabres to clean the mess up. Dreaming a bit now.....

Im sure whatever is to be revealed will not disappoint.

I'm also glad to hear that some thought has been put into protecting your soldiers from being sniped immediately upon entry to the crash site. Nothing quite like getting jumped immediately, and loosing soldiers that had no chance to even figure out where they were shot from.