Jsleezy's Real Armors Compilation

Jsleezy

RealCamoPreview4.jpg

A replacement for all the armours and their respective Xenopedia images.

This mod aims to give the armors in Xenonauts a more military look.

--------------------------------------------

basic_preview_600x316.jpg

Basic Armor:

I wanted to give the basic armour a more military feel. I went with a mix of the Allied paratrooper helmet and the german WWII helmet. I also added some ammo pouches and a granade. I also made a separate version for the female soldiers.

jackal_preview_600x316.jpg

Jackal Armour:

I wanted something more bulky, tactical and bad-ass. These guys are not rookies anymore...they've been collecting Caesan fingers as trophies. I've also always been a fan of Starship Troopers and have always liked their military gear so I decided to barrow the helmet.

WolfV2_preview_600x316-1.jpg

WolfV3_preview_600x316-1.jpg

Wolf:

I gave the Wolf a camouflage pattern and made the visor see-through. I also made several different versions of the Wolf Armor helmet that doesn't look like a top hat.

buzzard.jpg

Buzzard

I gave the Buzzard armor a camo pattern and a see-trough visor. I wanted to do a little more with this one but haven't had time to work on it. Perhaps at some point I'll come up with a version that looks more like a Cold War era pilot helment with goggles instead of a visor.

sentinel.jpg

Sentinel:

I tried to give the Sentinel Armor a more metallic feel that I thought the original lacked. I also made the visor more "reflective". I'm not a big fan of the blue on the jet-packs but I wanted to match the combat sprite.

predator_preview_600x316.jpg

Predator Armour:

I wasn't a big fan of the lobster look, so I wanted to make the Predator armour look more like a mobile suit of armour. The vanilla version looked too clunky to move in so I wanted to make something that was usable but yet strong and intimidating.

You can find the mod and download instructions here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/1/?

:D Enjoy!

Edited by Jsleezy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Heh, I use the mobile infantry one, and the rest are Jsleezy's :-)

Yes, that's what i decided to do after a long galactic bloodbath. They both are equally as good but i love the full-body armor of starship troopers. It just makes me so content when a giant bug thrusts their claw into it and the troopers are always like "Wahh? If my armor is like paper why do i even bother wear it?"

• 3 weeks later...
Oh i just had an idea, which rarely occurs. Why not have a special edition of armor for a holiday? Armor that revolves all around that particular holiday or festival.

Senti-Claus? Easter Buzzard?

Now I really want Easter Buzzard and easter egg themed C4...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@Jsleezy, I've made your mod compatible with the modular system. If you don't mind I can upload it here or send it over to you. It's basically adding a new .xml file so the mod tool can recognize it and reorganize a few folders.

Go ahead and share it. I don't mind :)

• 2 months later...

@Jsleezy I figured you would not mind me uploading here a modular version of you mod.

I created two zip files, one is the main mod and the second is the Wolf Options zip. The WolfCamo is in the main zip mod by default. I also put a txt in the Wolf Options zip on how to replace and use what ever version of the Wolf Armor.

If anyone has a better or easier way to explain in the instruction for the Wolf Armor jpg replacement let me know, but I think it should be clear in the Wolf Options Install txt.

========================

So here they are:

Jsleezy's Real Armors Compilation V1.08-1-1-08.zip

Wolf Options.zip

========================

I just create a folder called Jsleezy's Real Armors Compilation V1.08-1-1-08 where I am going to store these two zip files on my drive and put them both in there when I download them.

Just install and load Jsleezy's Real Armors Compilation V1.08-1-1-08.zip in the Mod Manager.

Enjoy all!

Edited by Raven_2012

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...