[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

just a quick question because i cant comprehend this easily right now, but is XNT included in this mod pack ?

because, when i want to download it on the nexus, it says i shall download XNT first ... which is not possible anymore because all download links were removed.

I just double checked on my install and my game doesn't crash when I make everything "unlimited" in items.xml.

Doing the above should make all weapons/items appears in the squad menu.

I have not a lot experience with Xenonauts modding at all, except Research.xml perhabs unlocking something that doesn't exist in item.xml I have no idea.

Maybe you can give me your savegame file?

Edit: Oh and, you use XNT 5.31, right?

Edited by Paul Bob Page
wrong version number

Hello and thanks for an awesome xenonauts mod! Unfortunately the 5.31 version download link in strategy informer isnt workin, site says its temporary unavailable :S Can u make a repost of a working plz? Thanks again!

EDIT: Its working fine for some reason lol!

Edited by Peperonis

New to Xenunauts, and new to all the mods here. This one looks really juicy, and I really want to play it! I do have one gamestopping problem though, plus one qurious question below:

I saw in this thread that people had problems with the shields being 0/100 in the mod, and I found the same problem in my version (downloaded latest version yesterday). I also read the posts about the workaround with the repair and/or the save/reload trick, but it still won't work for me.

I try to put the wrench in the belt, but it doesn't appear in any quickslot, I just see the ammo clip in the ammo slot (can't right click it) and the grenades when right clicking the grenade slot. I tried to put it in the backpack and nothing happens. I tried to put the wrench in my weapon hand (shield in left hand) and that makes the shield disappear into thin air (and, curiously, the ammo in the ammo quickslot also disappears). I tried the save and reload trick, both in Geoscape and on the combat map but that didn't help either. This also applies to newly created shields. Am I not understanding how to do the workaround, or is the bug back?

While I'm asking things, I also have a question about some of the base structures. It's really cool with the different sizes of labs, workshops and living quarters. But in my version, there seems to be absolutely no reason to buy the larger facilities as they take up double space in the base, give double manpower, but cost more than double in upkeep than the previous smaller versions? Why is it like that? Is there some other hidden bonus with the level 2 and 3 facilities that makes it worth it?

I hope my questions aren't too stupid, and thanks again for making such a great looking mod to a game that I just recently found and already love to bits! I can't stop playing. :)

I experienced exactly same bug.

In my case,

1. Save in Geoscape map

2. Quit the game & exit to Windows

3. Restart Xenonauts & Load

4. 100/100 shield visible in equip screen..

Eum.. I have no idea about the mechanism.

Why???

And, I still can't repair shield in combat mod.

I could not but use Shield once as in Vanilla Game.

Edited by haeserk

I've just equipped shield in primary weapon slot in combat mod.

In Combat mod,

1. Empty backpack except shield

2. Any two-hand weapons in primary weapon slot

3. drag weapons into the shield at Backpack

4. And then, The shield will be placed to primary weapon slot.

5. If so, repair kit will be appeared in quick slot, too.

6. From now, damaged Shield can be repaired by means of clicking repair kit in quick slot.

Good Luck!

Annoying way of solution of the Buzzard armour hovering animation bug.

1. Coyote armour must be equipped for any soldier who never be in Buzzard armour & Wolf armour.

2. The soldier should perform any one ground battle.

3. Return to the base.

4. After that, Take off Coyote armour and then be in Buzzard armour.

5. Buzzard armour hovering animation works normally in Next mission.

PS.1) Ony coyote armour shows that effect. I have no idea of that mechanism.

I should respect Game programmer. ( esp, Bug Hunter. ^^ )

PS.2) Soldier with Original weapons of Vanilla game looks likely to work normally.

--> I just checked the hovering animation maybe have nothing to do with armour.

It maybe works normally when the soldier equip original vanilla game weapon in weapon slot.

I guess This problem would get resolved by expert.

Edited by haeserk

Brand new to modding Xenonauts. I have modded games in the past, and I know installing them can be a pain every now and then. Well, I seem to be able to get the XNT to work (V 6.0), however, xenophobia seems to like to make the screen black and will not load... the longest I have waited is around 7ish minutes. Worse yet, It doesn't respond to commands to close after I load the black screen. As of right now I have just XNT loaded, and will probably stick with that until somebody can offer a solution. I have downloaded V5.31 of XNT if somebody thinks that will make a difference. If there are assets I need to delete or replace, please let me know! this mod looks awesome and I want to try it badly. thanks!

@LordFoulgrin: Most likely it's because you use XNT v6.0. Slayerjerman said somewhere in this thread that he won't recommends to use the mod with XNT later than v5.31.

Follow these instructions.

1. Install Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 fresh. I suggest somewhere simple like C:/Games/Xenonauts

2. Download XNT 5.31 final (firebat) here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wx3cm3xvox9qbga

3. Extract XNT's files somewhere (I use 7zip program), I suggest extracting the folder to your desktop.

4. Then copy these XNT files to your /Xenonaut/ folder. When asked to overwrite files, press YES TO ALL. It will ask you to overwrite alot of files and you want to overwrite them all with XNT's files.

5. Now download Xenophobia v1.5.0a installer file.

6. Extract the ZIP file to your desktop, inside will be an EXE. (if you dont trust it, feel free to virus scan it first).

7. Run the EXE as administrator, press next until you it asks you to enter your /Xenonauts/ location where you installed the game in step #1. Type in the file path and the press Next and let it install.

8. Play using the new Xenonauts.exe in your /Xenonauts/ folder. Do not use any shortcuts created by STEAM.

I've got a weird bug. I just finished researching the Marauder interceptor, but when the research finished, there was no Xenopedia entry, and the Marauder isn't available to build in my workshop. WTF m8.

It's not bug.

If you explore research.xml in assets folder, You will know that Producing the marauder intercepter is unlocked by completing the reseach of carrier Hull.

It's somewhat complicated.

You should get the Items of Carrier Hull, & should complete the Researches of Alien reactor, Researches of Cruiser Hull for Starting the reseach of Carrier Hull.

Items of Carrier Hull is gained by producing Disassembling Carrier Datacore in part of Aircraft manufacture.

1. research alien reactor.

2. Get cruiser datacore.

3. research disassembling cruiser datacore.

4. Get another one of cruiser datacore

5. Produce Cruiser datacore Disassembly --> 1 item Cruiser Hull produced.

6. can start & complete research of Cruiser Hull.

7. Get one Carrier datacore.

8. research of Carrier datacore disassembly.

9. get another one of carrier datacore.

10. produce carrier datacore dissassembly. --> 1 item Carrier Hull produced.

11. can start & complete research of Carrier Hull.

12. after all of above, manufacture of Marauder intercepor will be appeared.

Good luck.

This Xenophobia mod is very exciting but, a little difficult.

Edited by haeserk

There is something terribly wrong here. I know I`m not supposed to get like half a million credits for completing a ground raid on shot down UFO, but getting something ~$2000 total (and only for corpses at that) for Medium UFO is a total joke. You are forcefully driven to constantly (like 50-70% of all available engineers) manufacture some junk just to stay on a positive balance. And I stress CONSTANTLY. With all the random pack of UFO flying here and there, you wont be able to keep all the countries happy. Thus taking a hit on your organization financing.

PS. This mod is not in any way difficult except for one- serious lack of balance (or logic in choosing some ingame parameters/stats)

Edited by shadow303