[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

xenobanner.jpg

Xenophobia Mod Compilation ver 1.5.0

Xenonauts ver. 1.07 / 1.08 / 1.09

Sept 2 2014 Download on the NEXUS MOD PAGE v 1.5.0

Nexus Mod URL: NEXUS - XENOPHOBIA Be sure to check for update/patches in the downloads section.

I am now officially taking an extended break away from Xenonauts and Xenonauts modding. Consider 1.5.0 the final version of this mod until further notice. That being said, feel free to post bugs/fixes here to support the community, but do not expect updates/support from me anytime soon. Thanks and have fun!

Installation instructions at bottom of this post & INSIDE the installer.

xeno_guns_banner.png

README

Xenophobia is a mod pack COMPILATION PATCH and economy overhaul.

This compilation/mod is dependant on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 protected data files, this compilation is licensed under the same terms.

Mods combined

• XNT 5.31 final (firebat) and all the assets that mod includes.
  • Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.28 Reverted back to 0.25HF if you experience crashes!!
  • Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4
  • Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement)
  • Ecomomy Restored (my previous mod)
  • Corporation Weapons Expansion for XNT (my previous mod)
  • Fire in the Hole v1.3.3 (maps and tiles extracted already)
  • Skitso's Improved Tree Stumps
  • Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000 v1.1
  • Kabill's (sort-of-random) Arctic, Farm and Desert map packs
  • Shots replacement mod (improved projectile art)
  • Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod (used for XNT impjackal)
  • Khall's Carbines/Shotguns + Extras Mod [V.1]
  • Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.1 by SoloA
  • Armoured Assault! A Vehicle Rebalance Mod by Kabill v1.1
  • UNSC weapons pack by by Fucille
  • Choices Mod (parts 1 & 2) by aajs

Additional Changes

• Economy overhaul, No more "unlimited" weapons, equipment, aircraft or ammo.
  • All items manufactured now sell for a small profit, between +25% to +75% depending on the materials used.
  • Aircraft can be recovered, lots of new weapons!
  • Can now manufacture ALL aircraft weaponry and mix and match the loadouts as you desire.
  • Reverse engineer UFO weaponry for your aircraft.
  • All solider weapons, ammo and equipment must now be paid for and manufactured. Everything unlocks for manufacture by research.
  • Added Aircraft weapon stats displayed on the weapon slot of the aircraft now!
  • Begun adding weapon descriptions with stats for all new items (melee complete, guns at about 50% complete).
  • Unique artwork for Multi-ammo rifle, shotgun & machinegun
  • More research trees for new stuff!
  • Added Xenopedia art for new stuff!
  • Memorial Wall re-enabled.

Feature List

• 138 new ranged weapons
  • 20 new melee weapons (with sounds)
  • 6 new shields (and you can repair and carry them in inventory!)
  • 4 new medical kits
  • 32 new planes, including 3 UFOs!
  • 40 new missiles.
  • 20 new aircraft's cannons.
  • 1 new tank!
  • Includes Memorial Wall UI.
  • Shield and medkit reload/refilling enabled
  • New balanced base structures! New living quarters, New laboratories ,New workshops
  • New multi-ammo rifle & shotgun and 6 ammo types (AP, HE, ZAP, STUN, ALLOY, TOXIC)
  • Re-implemented particle beam heavy laser weapon & DHVRL
  • Added Improved barracks screen. Makes it easier to see all the troops at once (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Added Improved Mission and kill count in the GC equip window. The kills update during the missions (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Manufacturing categories altered and sorted item names
  • Improved and larger UI
  • Lasers & Plasmas now grouped under "Energy" tab
  • MAGs and other heavy/unique ranged weapons under "Advanced" tab
  • Melee tab added to support and sort the new melee weapons
  • Medikits moved to "Melee" tab.
  • Explosive C4 and Breaching charges moved to "Grenades" tab
  • Equipment/Other is for shields now.
  • Total rebalance of the aircrafts and aircraft's weapons.
  • New aircraft's researches added (Coop with USA, USSR and EU for new jets)
  • Generic items sell for +25% of the manufacture cost. (such as a rifle costs $1000, you can resell it for $1250)...etc.
  • Items built with alien alloys sell for +50% of manufacture cost.
  • Items built with alien alloys & Alenium sell for +75% of manufacture cost.

Recommended Changes

Slightly increase your starting funds in gameconfig.xml is recommended as you now need to pay for alot more than before.

Installation:

1. Xenonauts v1.08 or v1.09 game files
  2. Install the mod with the Xenophobia installer file.
  3. Play and report any bugs you find so I can continue to improve this mod! Requests within reason are welcome.

Credits and Thanks

Check for latest version at Forum thread:

- Goldhawk

http://www.xenonauts.com

- Xenonauts community

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums

- XNT - Into Darkness team and XNT 5.31

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11449-X1-08-X-CE-0-25HF-XNT-Into-Darkness-Mod-V5-3-The-Firebat

- Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.25/0.26 and above (Thank you Solver!)

'>http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11312-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-25HF-0-26HF-changelog-and-downloads3

- Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement) (and all his other great mods)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10967-V1-07-Skitso-s-Sleek-AI-Turn-%28Removes-Hidden-Movement%29

- Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4

'>http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10368-MOD-WIP-Asymmetric-Weapons-Tech-with-Plausible-Advanced-Ballistics

- Fire in the Hole! Destructible UFO Hulls (v1.3.3)

3%29'>http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10909-v1-06-X-CE-v0-21-Fire-in-the-Hole!-Destructible-UFO-Hulls-%28v1-3-

3%29

- Magnum-nauts

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11189-v1-07-Magnum-nauts

- Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11286-Mobile-Infantry-Would-you-like-to-know-more

- Khall's Carbines/Shotguns + Extras Mod [V.1]

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11608-V1-09-Khall-s-Carbines-Shotguns-Extras-Mod-V-1

- Realistic Aircrafts mod [v1.1] by SoloA

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/3217-Realistic-Aircrafts-mod-v1-0

- Kabill's sort-of-random Arctic, Farm and Desert maps

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11422-v1-08-X-CE-0-25-Kabill-s-%28Sort-of%29-Random-Maps!

- Armoured Assault! A Vehicle Rebalance Mod by Kabill

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11692-X-CE-v0-26-Armoured-Assault!-A-Vehicle-Rebalance-Mod

- UNSC Weapon Pack by Fucille

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11862-UNSC-Weapon-Pack

- Choices Mod (parts 1 & 2) by aajs

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11770-Xenonauts-Choices-Mod-Part-2

Disclaimer

This compilation/mod is dependant on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 protected data files, this compilation is licensed under the same terms.This is a compilation pack to make several mods play nicely together I'm merely combining it and adding some of my own stuff for fun and not-for-profit. Any of the XML files, you may edit as you desire without permission. In fact, I encourage you to do so!

Xenophobia is a work-in-progress mod. As such, use at your own risk. If you encounter issues, please report them to help me find and fix to make the mod better.

Edited by Slayerjerman

v1.5.0

• Updated mod to X:CE 0.28. Revert back to 0.25HF if you have crashes or instablity.
  • ALL previous patches included.
  • Fixed X-25 boomerang from not being in hanger when manufactured. Should work now.
  • Added missing strings for multi-ammo sniper rifles
  • Fixed Advanced weapons tab crash with multi-ammo weapons v2.
  • Mars MFG weapons now unlock after plasma weapons so that they have ammo available.
  • Increased buildings list size on base-building view so you can now see all options.

v1.4.9

• XNT content NOT included. You will still need to install that first.
  • Installer package updated.
  • Weapon descriptions updated
  • Added multi-ammo sniper rifle
  • Added improved multi-ammo weapon sets (rifle2, shotgun2, sniper2, MG2...)
  • Some other minor worthless to mention bug fixes.

v1.4.8

• New installer. Simply run the installer and tell it your Xenonauts folder.
  • Fixed missing animations for all weapons unlocked for use with Predator armor. (hopefully)
  • Fixed missing Boomerang aircraft image in Xenopedia.
  • Fixed unlock/manufacture for M61 VULCAN aircraft weapon.
  • Adjusted researches.xml to make some things less difficult to obtain (and less out of order, hopefully).
  • New! Modified weapons equip screen. Removed "weapons" and "equipment" buttons and have all 7 item tabs on ONE page for faster browsing. If you do not like this, you can revert to the previous look by using sequipview_v1.lua located in /scripts/....
  • New! Added new aircraft "Corsair MK 2".
  • New! Added new EMP weapon "Z-80 Zeus" to lasers.

v1.4.7

• Fixed a bunch more missing animation files for pistol weapons + shields.
  • Fixed more missing animations for "checked" alien weapons that you can manufacture.
  • Fixed crash when clicking AMMO tab after unlocking Mag weaponry/multi-ammo ALLOY magazine.
  • Fixed USSR aircraft unlocking problem, now it properly unlocks all 5 USSR aircrafts. (fix is not retroactive, so if you've researched USSR aircraft already, only fix is a new game, sorry).
  • Researches.xml changes to make advanced aircrafts unlockable through other means, including no longer requiring alien aircraft "hull" items.
  • Removed dermal regenerator and metabolism accelerator items.
  • Fixed UNSC manufacturing to give proper weapons (minor text fix).
  • Shock rockets no longer leave toxic gas when they explode.
  • Base buildings for LV.3 are 2x1 in size now, no longer have any 2x2 buildings other than the command center. This was to fix the black zones in base defense missions maps.

v1.4.6

• Fixed a bunch more missing animation files for pistol weapons + shields.
  • Fixed missing animations for "checked" alien weapons that you can manufacture.
  • Fixed line-of-sight issues with vehicles. (thanks Sgt_Thief!)
  • Fixed manufacturing issues with USSR MiGs.
  • Fixed missing T80 armor stats in armours_gc.xml

v1.4.5

• Improved larger solider equipment screen
  • Improved larger manufacture screen
  • Improved larger aircraft equip screen
  • Improved larger research screen

v.1.4.5 contains previous patches and only UI changes. It is safe to continue saved games from v1.4.4. Screenshots of larger UI screens available HERE: Screenshots

v1.4.4

• Includes previous patches.
  • Fixed crash with Hunter/Scimitar/Hyperion vehicles
  • Fixed missing images for Hunter/Scimitar/Hyperion on vehicles screen
  • Fixed missing animations for all new pistol weapons when used with any shield. (LOTS OF FILES)
  • Fixed researches.xml so that all new "improved" weapons no longer require an alien corpse to research.
  • Fixed production cost for F5 aircraft, again, lol.

v1.4.3

• Fixed missing text strings for all new "improved" weapons and manufacturing texts.
  • Fixed issue with unlocking and manufacturing Particle Beam ammo.
  • Changed X-157 missiles from "heavy" to "normal" for use on helicopter weapon slots.
  • Fixed F5 aircraft manufacturing cost typo

v1.4.2

• Fixed crash when researching UNSC weapons and clicking "ADVANCED" tab.
  • Fixed bad buildings.xml that resulted in negative mfg times. My bad!
  • Fixed crash when building the X-27 attack helicopter
  • Changed researches.xml so that all new weapons unlock for manufacture individually instead of trying to replace old versions. This avoids unlocking things out of order and missing an "upgrade" if you skipped a tier.

START A NEW GAME. Else you will be bugged from v1.4.1, sorry!!

v1.4.1

Where to begin, this was a massive update to just about everything....

• Added UNSC halo weapons pack by Fucille
  • Added Armoured Assault! A Vehicle Rebalance Mod by Kabill
  • Added Choices Mod (parts 1 & 2) by aajs
  • In total, over 80 new weapons and several aircraft and aircraft weapons were added...yikes!
  • 1 new tank, the T-80
  • Fixed base defense missions for the missing new buildings that left black empty zones. YAY!
  • Fixed alien weapons from not showing alien ammo in ENERGY tab.
  • TONS of new research options and TONS of new things to discover.
  • Increased firepower on all Metalstorm weapons
  • Revised researching paths and requirements.

v1.4.0

• Previous patches included, all rolled into one download.
  • Fixed AK47 animation issue with Basic Armor, no more flickering...etc.
    The issue comes from XNT files, here's how to MANUALLY fix it.
    1. Open /assets/units/xenonauts/armour.basic
    2. DELETE the folder "weapon.ak47" completely
    3. Copy the same folder from the Xenonauts 1.4.0 files
    The AK47 is using bad XML animation files, simply overwriting them wont fix it, you have to delete the entire folder and copy the new files.
  • Fixed Multi-ammo machine-gun to show up properly with all armors in combat.
  • Revised Researches.xml to fix unlocks and make all the goodies unlock properly. (please report any bugs with something not unlocking.)
  • Re-balanced melee weapons to have reasonable durability and require actual repairing. (was previously too high).
  • NEW! Unlocked all weapons for use with Predator armor. Be warned, may still be a little buggy and not all weapons may be visible when equipped in combat.
  • Included Kabill's latest "sort-of-random" map packs.
  • Updated Skitso's map pack to latest version and included it.
  • NEW! 3 tiers of labs, workshops and living quaters, including 3 teirs of nanoworkshops and quantum labs.
  • Rebalanced how much space living qtrs, labs and workshops have. (was far too high before).
  • Text fixes, a few weapon tweaks for ammo type and gave some melee higher damage....etc etc etc
Edited by Slayerjerman
v1.5.0 update

[ATTACH]5137[/ATTACH]

Here's a personal patch from tweaking the value of xenonauts gear (weapons, armor, vehicles, manufacturing), to make the weapons be more useful and feel effective/be worth investing resources into.

Thanks, do you have a list of the changes you made or should I do a comparison with WinMerge? heh.

On a broad level:

-non-vanilla weapons are more special and more powerful. Basically corporation weapons are much more devastating compared to their original counterparts. Meanwhile advanced ballistics (eagles, magnums, m79,m82) are more of exotic weapons that are expensive, but provide a powerful strategic strenght that normal vanilla weapons don't.

-Vehicles are buffed. More armor, more ammo, more damage.

-Personal armors are made slightly lighter.

-Manufacturing costs are make now more sense and fair. No more silly 120 days to build a damn magnum revolver. :P

-AK47 is now worth using. Its more brutish with more power than the m16, but less accuracy.

-Some items are made lighter to make them actually worth equipping your soldiers with.

-Melee weapons are now viable and powerful, as long as you can get near an alien without being killed.

Melee weapons are also more different from one another, with some weapons still being valid even if new ones have been unlocked.

Hello,

i think this mod is a nice one, but i have problems with the SU-T10 and the front cannon loadout.

After i cosntructed the T10, the front cannon slot is empty. when i try to change the front cannon from the T10, i always get a CTD. What could be the reason for that ?

I already tried the XNT 5.31 without xenophobia and and ofc vanilla and there arent any problems with the cannon loadout, so it looks like that the CTD has something to do with the xenophobia mod.

sorry for my bad english, it isn't my native language ;)

Many thx for any help :)

best regards

Repto Hunter

Yes.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it, copy-pasted the aircraft.human.su in aircrafts.xml from XNT 5.31 to the aircrafts.xml in my installation, then modified the values so they're functionally the same as in Xenophobia. Seemed to do the trick :)

Edited by Sykriss

Yes.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it, copy-pasted the aircraft.human.su in aircrafts.xml from XNT 5.31 to the aircrafts.xml in my installation, then modified the values so they're functionally the same as in Xenophobia. Seemed to do the trick :)

Yeah I know the problem and already fixed it in the next update. :)

On a broad level:

-non-vanilla weapons are more special and more powerful. Basically corporation weapons are much more devastating compared to their original counterparts. Meanwhile advanced ballistics (eagles, magnums, m79,m82) are more of exotic weapons that are expensive, but provide a powerful strategic strenght that normal vanilla weapons don't.

-Vehicles are buffed. More armor, more ammo, more damage.

-Personal armors are made slightly lighter.

-Manufacturing costs are make now more sense and fair. No more silly 120 days to build a damn magnum revolver. :P

-AK47 is now worth using. Its more brutish with more power than the m16, but less accuracy.

-Some items are made lighter to make them actually worth equipping your soldiers with.

-Melee weapons are now viable and powerful, as long as you can get near an alien without being killed.

Melee weapons are also more different from one another, with some weapons still being valid even if new ones have been unlocked.

Interesting changes, sounds to me like you generally made everything do more damage. Melee weapons in my testing already did a TON of damage, especially the two-handers like the Volt Bat. Generally its not really the damage you do but rather the number of times you get to attack with melee when your up close was my thinking for one-handers and of course two-handers being devastating if you can close to melee range.

I was playing insane difficulty and took down a Lizardman commander with two hits with the Volt Bat, dealing two hits, each above 180 stun damage. Maybe I got lucky rolls on the damage, who knows...but i was like "LOL HELL YEAH" when it happened.... ;)

Corp weapons I balanced to have strengths and weaknesses based around vanilla guns.

• Metalstorm guns deal low damage but spray lots of rounds inaccurately (just for fun really)

• LasTek guns are basically just 20% better versions of the vanilla Laser weapons.

• Kas guns are just 20% better versions of the vanilla Plasma weapons.

• Mars guns are just supposed to be "cheaply made" knockoffs, they have low damage/high weight but are cheap to build than full Plasma guns.

• Core Tech guns are supposed to be end-game murder machines that are insanely expensive and difficult to build.

Anyway, just explaining the madness behind the mayhem ;)

Edited by Slayerjerman

Ok this update was a huge one, thanks to SoloA for allowing inclusion of his aircrafts mod and I finally got around to making some new gun art, fixing some more bugs & finally writing a BOAT LOAD of weapon descriptions with stats...etc.

Changes :cool:

• Fixed crash when clicking on empty aircraft weapon slot for the SU.
  • Fixed 3 research entries for alien UFO aircraft weapons.
  • New! Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.1 by SoloA
  • New! Added Aircraft weapon stats displayed on the weapon slot of the aircraft now!
  • New! Begun adding weapon descriptions with stats for all new items (melee complete, guns at about 25% complete).
  • New! Unique artwork for Multi-ammo rifle & shotgun
  • New! Better artwork for all LasTek weapons!
  • New! 20 new real planes.
  • New! 18 new real missiles.
  • New! 7 new real aircraft's cannons.
  • New! New balanced base structures! 2 New living quarters, 1 New laboratory ,1 New workshop
  • Removed all XNT assets (art and audio) from Xenophobia's archive. Now all these files must come from having XNT installed before Xenophobia.
Edited by Slayerjerman

Interesting changes, sounds to me like you generally made everything do more damage. Melee weapons in my testing already did a TON of damage, especially the two-handers like the Volt Bat. Generally its not really the damage you do but rather the number of times you get to attack with melee when your up close was my thinking for one-handers and of course two-handers being devastating if you can close to melee range.

I was playing insane difficulty and took down a Lizardman commander with two hits with the Volt Bat, dealing two hits, each above 180 stun damage. Maybe I got lucky rolls on the damage, who knows...but i was like "LOL HELL YEAH" when it happened.... ;)

Corp weapons I balanced to have strengths and weaknesses based around vanilla guns.

• Metalstorm guns deal low damage but spray lots of rounds inaccurately (just for fun really)

• LasTek guns are basically just 20% better versions of the vanilla Laser weapons.

• Kas guns are just 20% better versions of the vanilla Plasma weapons.

• Mars guns are just supposed to be "cheaply made" knockoffs, they have low damage/high weight but are cheap to build than full Plasma guns.

• Core Tech guns are supposed to be end-game murder machines that are insanely expensive and difficult to build.

Anyway, just explaining the madness behind the mayhem ;)

Yeah, the advanced melee weapons are indeed viable as primary weapons. I do agree that I may have overdone the stunbaton and the expensive voltbat, as those are the only dedicated stun/EMP melee weapons, but otherwise it makes melee weapons actually worth bringing to the battlefield, instead of replacing them with a set of grenades or rifle ammo.

As for the corp weapons, what you just described is very close to what I tried to achieve with them. Given how expensive they are compared to the normal weapons, they do have a bit of an extra kick to them. I didn't know about the Mars guns' philosophy of cheap knockoffs, so I ended making them just better and more expensive versions of the vanilla plasmas by accident. :P

thank you for your hardwork again, despite it not being a mod, apparently.

i did start doing some of those weapon stats myself, but only managed a few before my eyes went funny. :P

Yeah, my eyes started going cross after staring at the descriptions to do the stats and junk. Data entry sucks, but Im used to it. Im going to be using my "condensed" descriptions format for all the weapons as I for one like the data to be concise and tight for easy reading, but that means either removing the story fluff or condensing that as well. I found the vanilla description formatting to be rather...well...too big. Heh.

Edited by Slayerjerman

The rifle from Alien is nice, but is there any way to get this without pop culture weapons? I'm bothered by the inclusion of weapons from other universes, you may as well give me a Bolter and Chainsword.

Dont tempt me. ;)

And sadly content is mostly all integrated. To do so would mean more optional patch files that I really dont have time to maintain. This being said, nothing is stopping you from removing these items yourself, here is how (the short and easy way)!

Open researches.xml - Enter the cells and delete the lines for "UnlockManufacture" for the items you no longer want. Do not delete the entire cell as it will crash the game. Just remove the bits you dont want. This will stop them from unlocking during research and consequently prevents these from being available to build or access.

For example, removing the M41A Pulse Rifle:1. Make a backup copy of researches.xml, just in case.2. Open researches.xml (i recommend Excel for this).3. Press F3 and search for "m41a", lowercase ideally.4. Enter the cell and delete the line [b]"UnlockManufacture("ManTech.m41a");[/b]5. Also remove any entry for [b]UnlockItem("weapon.m41a");[/b] also, if present.6. Save & Play

heya,

nice update, but i have a new problem ^^

after a clean install and your updated mod, i now always get a freeze at the same point during a ground combat mission. The ai is moving.(hidden movement) and the last scene i can see is, that a viper is running into my direction and after it the game is freezing and the alien turn/hidden movement goes into a endless loop...:(

any suggestion ?

btw i saw, that this freeze is an old bug and already fixed in the vanilla game...*shrug*?

heya,

nice update, but i have a new problem ^^

after a clean install and your updated mod, i now always get a freeze at the same point during a ground combat mission. The ai is moving.(hidden movement) and the last scene i can see is, that a viper is running into my direction and after it the game is freezing and the alien turn/hidden movement goes into a endless loop...:(

any suggestion ?

btw i saw, that this freeze is an old bug and already fixed in the vanilla game...*shrug*?

Could be the EXE version. 0.26HF is what is included. Try removing the 0.26 feature for "skiphidden animation" inside the config.XML, its under "CombatWindow" heading:

<CombatWindow>	<SkipHiddenAnimations>1</SkipHiddenAnimations>delete <SkipHiddenAnimations>1</SkipHiddenAnimations>or set the variable to 0 to disable.

if that doesnt work, You could try grabbing an older EXE from the CE thread and see if that helps. I know I sometimes get a hardlock/freeze whenever I shoot a melee-only alien and they have no means to return reaction fire (like if they are stuck somewhere).

I save every round during battle for issues like this specifically. Be sure to report back if you are able to solve it.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Could be the EXE version. 0.26HF is what is included. Try removing the 0.26 feature for "skiphidden animation" inside the config.XML, its under "CombatWindow" heading:
	<CombatWindow>	<SkipHiddenAnimations>1</SkipHiddenAnimations>delete <SkipHiddenAnimations>1</SkipHiddenAnimations>or set the variable to 0 to disable.

if that doesnt work, You could try grabbing an older EXE from the CE thread and see if that helps. I know I sometimes get a hardlock/freeze whenever I shoot a melee-only alien and they have no means to return reaction fire (like if they are stuck somewhere).

I save every round during battle for issues like this specifically. Be sure to report back if you are able to solve it.

Reporting back Sir,

wohoo man thaats it ! SkipHiddenAnimations set to 0 was the key.

and the tip with the saves, well i play only ironman mode ;D

ah and btw...at first i tried another exe but with any other exe, the savegame was just invisible ^^

whatever, thx much for the fast help bro !

best regards

Repto Hunter

Reporting back Sir,

wohoo man thaats it ! SkipHiddenAnimations set to 0 was the key.

and the tip with the saves, well i play only ironman mode ;D

ah and btw...at first i tried another exe but with any other exe, the savegame was just invisible ^^

whatever, thx much for the fast help bro !

best regards

Repto Hunter

Glad it fixed it, thats an experimental setting that the CE guys recently added. While I have no issues with it personally, its definitely not for everyone it seems. Shame too, its an amazing setting that makes GC much better, IMHO.

Glad it fixed it, thats an experimental setting that the CE guys recently added. While I have no issues with it personally, its definitely not for everyone it seems. Shame too, its an amazing setting that makes GC much better, IMHO.

There's also an occasional issue with some of the melee husk things (name escapes me, but the deformed humans) that if they are in certain areas of a map, most notably the large gray walls common on Farm maps, that it hard locks the game when you do lethal damage. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that but figured I'd mention it.

Edit: Also, yeah .26CE save games aren't backwards compatible with any other CE version.