Why are their no normal mods to add more vehicles or aliens?

I know their are big mods that change the game alot. But I am looking for a mod that adds one or two vehicles or new aliens to the vanilla game. I have started using that vehicle prop that was supposed to be the hunter or whatever and now it is just a prop for the military base maps. It has artwork for every side needed and I am testing it and I think it will work for an additional new vehicle.

But I know their are a huge amount of skilled modders way better than me and just wondering why I do not see any really cool new aliens to give the game more spice than just the same old humanoid body with an alien head and colored different? Or new original vehicles?

Hello,

I think it's because it's not a task for a coder but for a graphic designer. I hope I remember correctly when I tell you that in one of the dev blogs Chris told us about how time consuming it was to render all the animations with the different weapons and from the different angles. You would have to find somebody who is willing to make a good looking model, the animations and make 2D sprites for the game. Everything also in the correct angle and lightning so that it seems natural in the game.

I know their are big mods that change the game alot. But I am looking for a mod that adds one or two vehicles or new aliens to the vanilla game. I have started using that vehicle prop that was supposed to be the hunter or whatever and now it is just a prop for the military base maps. It has artwork for every side needed and I am testing it and I think it will work for an additional new vehicle.

But I know their are a huge amount of skilled modders way better than me and just wondering why I do not see any really cool new aliens to give the game more spice than just the same old humanoid body with an alien head and colored different? Or new original vehicles?

Play XNT + Xenophobia and prepare to be amazed.