Is My Game Broken?

So I'm playing v1.06 on Normal mode. I've already researched 'operation endgame' and MAG weaponry, but my armor and aircraft research seems to be rather far behind - still using Buzzard Jumpsuits and Corsairs...

Anyways, I don't want to start the last mission yet, as I saw on an online wiki that there is still lots of goodies to discover, but it seems the game is somewhat forcing me to do so. My earliest safe is on May 25, 1980 and I've lost one region (Indochina) so far. Forecast indicates a change of around -$200k.

xeno1.jpg

However, regardless of what I do, this what happens on the 31st:

xeno2.jpg

Followed by game over...

Is this a bug of some sort? How can I lose the game having lost only one region? :confused:

Is there anything I can do besides restarting the game or starting the last mission?

Thanks in advance for the help! :(

xeno2.jpg

xeno1.jpg

xeno2.jpg.d3134a9d494055ce3a9a569b7b180b

xeno1.jpg.ec68be887737ffd59fe625078011d6

I cant read shit on the img, but I doubt its more regions leaving, they all paid "something" except one.

The background is a lose screen, maybe the aliens had enough time to succeed at whatever it is they were doing,... shoulda winged the dreadnaught with the buzzard armors. xD

Seriously, do it... and take pictures.

EDIT: Actually dont take pictures, do a video in this resolution.

Edited by ViniJones

It's debt. IIRC correctly, you lose if you have two consecutive months starting with less than $0. At the end of the month, your funding drops to ~1.9m but your upkeep is ~2.6m so you're losing $700,000. Given how little cash you have, that's throwing you into massive negative numbers.

Guess its time to do the final mission!

EDIT: ninja'd

It's debt. IIRC correctly, you lose if you have two consecutive months starting with less than $0. At the end of the month, your funding drops to ~1.9m but your upkeep is ~2.6m so you're losing $700,000. Given how little cash you have, that's throwing you into massive negative numbers.

Guess its time to do the final mission!

EDIT: ninja'd

i actually got something right! :P